Verizon Galaxy Nexus soon to be outdated??

Yeah it's possible, but it'll most likely only be on Sprint's Network.

We know they were working on the 4470 around the time the Nexus was being talked about and it's been said the Sprint's Nexus will run at 1.5Ghz. Since the 4470 runs stock at 1.8, it's possible we could be looking at a Nexus with a new cpu/gpu. The worst part is, it'll probably have the 8MP SGSII camera, which is a big upgrade. I haven't had any issues playing highly GPU intensive games, so I can't imagine a new GPU affecting us until maybe a year from now when some more gpu intensive games come out.

So I'm not worried about it having the 4470 as much as the new camera, for me the OS can only run so fast, but the camera as we all know could definitely be improved.

The phone has already been out for a month. In a month or two, better phones will be out - who cares if it's a Samsung or even another Nexus? I don't see anything on the immediate horizon that is going to make the last batch of Nexus/RAZR/Rezound obsolete. Maybe they bump ram a bit, some minor screen improvements, maybe a little extra storage, but nothing material, really. Even the quad core processors aren't going to really add anything, unless you're a hard core gamer or looking to do extensive video editing on a phone (and why would you do that?).

Padfone is going to be interesting. Looks to be the first 3-in-1 device, which is the future. Guessing it won't launch until late Q3, or likely Q4. But I also think they got a few design elements wrong. The other issue is you need 2+ gigs of ram in addition to a quad core processor @ 2ghz for it to have much potential as a netbook/laptop. Pretty cool to hook it up to a tablet and get data and have everything on 1 device (as opposed to infernal syncing!), but ultimately tablets are still basically just a toy with very limited real functional purpose (i.e. it doesn't eliminate the need for a phone or laptop/pc for any marginally heavy lifting).

Everything I buy I can figure will be outdated in a short period of time -- that's just the way it is. I usually go 2-3 years, regardless what new "must have now" hits the street.

Regarding the camera, it does well for snapshots, which is how I use it. I have several kilobucks invested in Nikon bodies & lenses for the quality work that requires a serious camera.

Everything I buy I can figure will be outdated in a short period of time -- that's just the way it is. I usually go 2-3 years, regardless what new "must have now" hits the street.

Regarding the camera, it does well for snapshots, which is how I use it. I have several kilobucks invested in Nikon bodies & lenses for the quality work that requires a serious camera.

+1 yup that's the way it is for sure!

While that does kinda suck that they get the better CPU/GPU, ours are still 1.5ghz chips down-clocked to 1.2ghz, and best of all: WE GET VERIZON 4G! (Lately, that may not be as big of a selling point, but I have friends with phones on every different carrier and we've all benchmarked download times over 4G and with, at the time, the six of us standing in the same spot, the closest to my 26.81Mbps down and 6.12Mbps up was my buddy with T-Mobile getting 14.2Mbps down and 2.12Mbps up).

Honestly, Sprint/ATT/T-Mobile could launch a phone with an 8-core (16-thread) 3.6ghz CPU, a 32-core 1.8ghz GPU, 8GB of DDR3-2133 Quad-Channel RAM, 4GB of GDDR5 V-RAM, a 4.8" 2560x1440p OLED screen, and a super-compact 7,200mAh LiOn battery.... And I would still keep my Verizon GNex, even if the other companies were offering the phone FREE to Verizon customers if they switched networks.

As much as I get frustrated with the VZW, I also realize that it is the lesser of all the evils. Sure, it costs more, customer service is awful at times (like how I called them 8 different times trying to get help with my GNex, explaining that I couldn't get to the store until after the 15th of January, and they assured me that it would be no problem; then I get to the store, and they treat me like an imbecile and offer me a refurb RAZR and the D-Bag wouldn't even let me talk to the manager, saying "He's not seeing customers right now"... 4realz??!!??!!), and once in a while I get to the point where I am blowing steam out my ears, but in the end, I get reception and service places that anyone else can't, and that makes me happy.

Everthing in the phone world "is soon to be outdated" if solely judged against new releases. If judged by whether it fills your needs, then it's a whole 'nother matter.

Although my Nexus does everything I need it to there's still a voice inside me that wishes I had the more powerful one. It's not rational but it's just ingrained in my personality to always want the best.

Can't wait for the Nexus Maxx, my new phone. /sarcasm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Nexus can't be outdated. Until the next nexus comes maybe not even then

Back