Verizon Offering the HTC Thunderbolt for Free on Contract Through January 26th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC_TBolt_free_VZW.png

It was only just about a year ago that the most exciting new phone that everyone was talking about was the HTC Thunderbolt. It's amazing how much things can change in a year. Verizon is now selling the venerable ex-flagship smartphone at the big fat price of zero dollars on a new contract now. This special will only last through January 26th, so for some folks this could be a good deal on a once very popular phone. There are still a ton of people out their rockin' the Tbolt. In fact, I have several friends who still use and love theirs. Here is a link below, in case you know someone who could take advantage of this offer.

Source: ThunderboltForums via Verizon Wireless

Last edited:
Unless they are paying you to take the phone don't touch it, I'm so sick of a phone that dies every 4-6 hours.

If you are that tired of it, I would have to make the assumption of either you can't fix it or you choose to not carry it back and get a replacement t since it obviously defective...

No way I would go more than 2 days with a device whose battery only lasted 6 hours...but that's just me...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I have a non rooted tbolt with stock battery and go from 7am to 11pm everyday and still have around 20% left with 4G on at all times and as far as my usage I use an average of 3gb a month.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Unless they are paying you to take the phone don't touch it, I'm so sick of a phone that dies every 4-6 hours.
I have the Verizon extended battery and can easily get 2 full days of moderate use out of, I can't seem to drain the battery in a day if I try - even having it as a mobile hotspot on battery power for 6 hours.

Congrats to you guys, but that's just misleading info for anyone out there, you are the exception not the rule, in fact that's more an error than anything, people out there know better, go check any benchmarking site.

Congrats to you guys, but that's just misleading info for anyone out there, you are the exception not the rule, in fact that's more an error than anything, people out there know better, go check any benchmarking site.
Stock, yes. If you root and install a custom ROM and kernel it's a lot better.

Thunderbolt is a hunk of poop!!!! Traded it for the Razr and absolutely loved it.... Was in grace period to return phone so I did for the Razr Maxx!!! Been using my old Incredible until I get my hands on that beast!!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Thunderbolt is a hunk of poop!!!! Traded it for the Razr and absolutely loved it.... Was in grace period to return phone so I did for the Razr Maxx!!! Been using my old Incredible until I get my hands on that beast!!!!

The RAZR Maxx isn't out yet

He wasn't saying he has the maxx yet. He's using his old incredible until its released.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Thanks .... Some people just don't take the time to read what is posted

Haha they couldn't pay me to use this phone unless it was $1,000,000.
I had the Tbolt back when it came out. The main problem was that I stopped using my phone as much just so my battery could make it through the day. Also I had to have syncing turned off or the phone would be dead in about 6-8 hours while it sat in my pocket at work.

I now average 1 day with minimal usage on my Galaxy Nexus. Take that HTC. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Back