Verizon sure was cool today.

Tonik

Reaction score
My wife doesn't have a smartphone, we are on a family plan and I have unlimited data. She finally decided she wants a smartphone and went with the S3. Considering she is a graphic artist and an all Apple person that was quite a surprise. But back to Verizon, she is not eligble for an upgrade discount until early next year. Without any begging or really even asking on my part they gave her the early upgrade and let me keep my unlimited data. Now we have been a customer for at least 10 years and pay on time every time..I am sure that helps.

But still very cool of them.

That is awesome tonik! I have to say, I have always had good luck with Verizon. I have been with them since the Bell Atlantic days but I'm guilty... I don't always pay my bill on time, eek!

It's all in whether or not you get a chill rep. Glad things worked out for you.

It's good to hear about positive experiences for a change. The few times I've had to deal with VZ, either over the phone or in person, have been positive.

Well you would have been able to keep unlimited data either way. Upgrading a family plan line doesn't force it into the share everything plan, you can still choose to just add the usual 2GB data plan to that line only. But the early upgrade was nice.

Detonation said:
Well you would have been able to keep unlimited data either way. Upgrading a family plan line doesn't force it into the share everything plan, you can still choose to just add the usual 2GB data plan to that line only. But the early upgrade was nice.

So if ur on a family plan, u don't lose ur unlimited data by upgrading phones?

GiovanniTheToker said:
So if ur on a family plan, u don't lose ur unlimited data by upgrading phones?

If you upgrade a phone that is using unlimited data you lose the unlimited. If you pay full retail you keep unlimited. I got to keep mine because the changes were to my wifes phone, not mine.

It wasn't the family plan that saved me, it was not touching my phone that did it.

Tonik said:
If you upgrade a phone that is using unlimited data you lose the unlimited. If you pay full retail you keep unlimited. I got to keep mine because the changes were to my wifes phone, not mine.

It wasn't the family plan that saved me, it was not touching my phone that did it.

Ok. I knew all that. I thought u were saying i could keep it jus by upgrading.. lol.

Back