Video camera shuts off

ronnieward1973

Reaction score
When I go to my video camera everything works fine but as soon as I hit the record button it flashes straight to the home screen. When I restart the phone it works fine. But then later when something comes up and I try to record it happens again. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

When I go to my video camera everything works fine but as soon as I hit the record button it flashes straight to the home screen. When I restart the phone it works fine. But then later when something comes up and I try to record it happens again. Any suggestions?

Almost the exact same problem with my phone, but does it with camera and video, except doesn't even wait til i hit the shutter, it just bounces back to the home screen whenever i try to open the application.

Back up your SD card to your computer, then go to menu>settings>sd card & phone storage>unmount sd card>format. that will wipe your card back to normal. then...

Go to settings>privacy>factory data reset. Let it do its thing, then dial *228 and reboot the phone. you will have to download any applications again, but the ones you have already paid for will be free. contacts will come back automatically as well through your gmail account.

this SHOULD get your phone working the way it's supposed to.

Be sure to call Motorola and tell them what you think of their sh*tty products, too! I hate my droid x, it has SOOOO many glitches it drives me crazy. Screw motorola and their mothers lol!

I've loved mine til this started. Especially the phone my pc and the drop box. But this has driven me crazy. Thanks!

Back