Video from Vietnam Suggests Note 7 will come with USB-C Cable!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

A video published on YouTube shows a USB Type-C cable that looks pretty similar to Samsung’s regular micro USB cables, with a packaging similar to the one used by Samsung. Which supports the possibility of this being the Note 7′s cable model number EP-DN930CWE seen on the plastic surrounding the cable. Leaks show SM-N930 as the model number the Galaxy Note 7 is expected to carry. With the Type-C port, users can transfer data faster, charge batteries quicker, and the plug is reversible. Anxiously waiting for August 2nd Announcement!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oh no. What will the world do? Oh right just adapt like the rest of us. At least the 6p users broke the trail for bad cables and chargers.

Just read a post from Reddit. Samsung released a wireless charger with a type c port in their Korean official website. But can not find this charger from Samsung US Official website. See photo:

They use a A-C cable, so the new flagship hone should be a type c port , to compatible with the wall charger they carry. .

Source

Type-C does NOT mean faster data transfer speeds. That simply specifies the physical specifications of the connector. Other than that I hope this is true, more type-c devices means I don't have to carry a charger with me as often.

They better be giving away free Gear VRs with it. I'm not dishing out another hundred dollars just because the ports are different...

Type C does mean faster data transfer speeds.

Three things you should know about USB Type-C

Read the article you quoted and you will see you are wrong. The article specifically states USB 3.1 Type-C. Now to further prove you wrong, look up the specs of the Nexus 6p and see what USB spec it uses, hint USB 2.0 yet it utilizes the Type-C form factor.

Also a good read and helps seperate connectors from speed specifications: USB-C vs. USB 3.1: What’s the difference? | ExtremeTech

Last edited:
I've never seen so many new threads about a new phone that has not been released yet, and still in the "rumint" stages. The Note 7 must be one highly anticipated device.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Read the article you quoted and you will see you are wrong. The article specifically states USB 3.1 Type-C. Now to further prove you wrong, look up the specs of the Nexus 6p and see what USB spec it uses, hint USB 2.0 yet it utilizes the Type-C form factor.

Also a good read and helps seperate connectors from speed specifications: USB-C vs. USB 3.1: What’s the difference? | ExtremeTech
I didn't say the 6p nor any phone was using type c 3.1, which provides faster data speeds. So you're wrong for blatantly stating type c won't provide faster data speeds when in fact type c can.

I didn't say the 6p nor any phone was using type c 3.1, which provides faster data speeds. So you're wrong for blatantly stating type c won't provide faster data speeds when in fact type c can.
Read the articles and you will see very clearly Type-C can never provide data or variations of data transfer speed. A connector is simply a connector, it provides nothing more than an interface.

Edited to remove douchyness

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Too bad you're not smart enough to understand specifications. Read the articles and you will see very clearly Type-C can never provide data or variations of data transfer speed. A connector is simply a connector, it provides nothing more than an interface. Please try to be better when posting here.

What does this article mean, then? I'm confused lol...

"USB 3.1 Type-C cables offer a transfer rate of 10Gbps, which is double the transfer speed of USB 3.0 (5 Gbps). Additionally, these cables will offer 20 volts and 5 amps of power, compared with the 5 volts and 1.8 amps of its predecessor. This means less waiting around for devices to transfer data or for their batteries to charge."

You're focusing on Type-c in that article, but what causes the speed increase is the USB 3.1 spec. The article does a poor job of distinguishing the two. Type-c is not synonymous with USB 3.1 or rather any USB speed spec.

Back