VIDEO- Galaxy Note 4 Benchmark

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Note 4 is fully loaded with a Snapdragon 805 quad core processor clocked at 2.7Ghz. It is also packing 3GB of ram. In theory this phone should be blazing fast, but does Touchwiz bog it down. In this video we run the Quadrant Benchmark on the Note 4. Benchmarking gives us a good idea of what kind of performance we should expect out of our device however true performance can be measured in day to day use. Still its always fun to benchmark our shiny new devices and compare our scores with our friends older devices!

I would take the Note 4 if it wasn't a phone. I don't need two phones and don't want a phone that big but there's no denying that the Note 4 is an impressive tool.

I love my Note 4! Even with touchwiz it's snappy and gets things done quickly. The Note 3 was my first note device and I do not see myself changing anytime soon!

sent from my sexy Note 4

I've had a Note 4 for almost a month. It's a great phone but, if you already hate TouchWiz with a passion, you might want to find an opportunity to fiddle with one before you decide. I really hate how the task manager takes up to 3 seconds to respond after I press the button. It may seem like a minor detail but coming from an N5 stock where everything was super snappy and quick it stands out like a sore thumb. Also, my wifi keeps dropping like crazy. I turned off the network switching feature but it still drops for a quick moment. Not the worst thing in the world seeing as the connection seems to be stable it just gets annoying to see the "Connected to <AP NAME>" at the bottom of the screen all the time.

Don't get me wrong I love the Note 4 and I'm going to keep the phone. There's just some bugs to work out with the software is all. If those kinds of things bother you, it might be best to wait until the first software patch.

Unboxing video of the Edge. Not the best quality, he shot it using his Note4 and kept having focusing issues, but it was interesting to see all the ways you can customize this "edge".
Galaxy Note Edge Unboxing!:
Not really my cup of tea, but as with all new devices, I do look forward to heading over to my local Best Buy to check it out firsthand when it comes in.

S5 tap'n

That's the thing...everyone is shooting for the other Note 4. This one won't be common.

The downfall? Finding a really good protective case.

That's always been my concern since this device was announced. How the heck can they make a protective case that will protect that edge yet give you the freedom to properly use it. Should be interesting to see what they come up with. I have a feeling those folio (flip cover) cases are going to be extremely popular with this device.

S5 tap'n

Very disappointing. I like how he says it's "pretty awesome compared to the Note 3" but my Note 3 actually beat this. Only thing is I am running Nova Launcher Prime so not sure that makes a difference in this test.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-27-16-34-41-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-27-16-34-41-1.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 211
Back