VZ 4G sliders vs Motorola Droid2 or 3 & JVC and Bluetooth

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have the Motorola Droid 2 and had the LG Aly and MA looking for a phone with the following Features
A fifth Row of Number Keys (Samsung Statosphere/ Droid 3)
4g slider (Only samsung Stratosphere) (But I hear battery life is draining fast, VZ sales wasn't able to tell me if there is an extended battery)
An Ulta Eather Hip Puch with Window that will fit the Samsung Stratosphere if I get it as its a large Phone (The droid 3 would fit my current pouch)
The smoothness of screen scrolling as the razor and the latest blakberry 9900 (but Razxor has low battery life & BBErry doesn't have Horizontal Keyboard)

Addirionall the blue tooths in cars dialing by name etc varies by device maker and some models work better than others.
I used to have a parot that worked great but I wanted a stereo with Bluetooth Embeded so I went with a jvc but then it turned out that the jvc does not have Dial by name and I can't get it to work natively on the phone. So I digress Can someone through a link here on how to get Droid 2 Dial by voice working . Also on the JVC when the GPS is on it mutes the radio but does not play the sound through the speakers unless I plug a sterio cable into the Phone and switch input to Line IN. Which is an extra step.
Also on the droid 2 it has Number keys that you have to hit Shift(which is auto lock) to type Numbers so I end up typing numbers and trying to type text forgetinging its autolocked and I have to delete and re-type

So I am at the Point that I want the Droid 3 which has the 5th row of Number Keys Only
but it is not VZ 4g LTE so I I wouldn't be able to use the internet and talk at the same time which at the moment is only only available with the samsung Startosphere which I hear is a battery drainer and VZ sales couldn't imediately tell me if there was an extended battery.

SO I am Looking for Feedback on the Following:
Droid 3 or Startossphere or wait for a droid 4 ith LTE or other new phone
that Meets the above

Suggestions Ideas anyone

I'd say to wait. If you're getting a phone that you're going to stick with for a while you should get something you're not going to feel let down by.

4G sliders and Samsung Startospher issues and when is Motrorola droid 4 4G slider come out to compare? I got the Stratosphere in DEC and its been Glitchy since I got it. VZW has not been helpful besides saying they coud swap it for a refurbished one:mad: since I through the box away after I tried it and basically worked until you use it for a while. There 14 day No worry Gurantee applies only if you keep the box. Apprarently if you through the box away and the phone arrived and you notice the phone is glitchy after useing it a few days more you can't get a new one only refubished under there guarantee.

I tried the Samsung Statosphere at a VZW at the store before I bought it quite a few times and then after I noticed the Glitches on the one I bought.

The store display model had some of thel the glitches that I had on the one I boughtt but not all

Here is what I am expieriecing (Vote on weither you think I got a lemon and I should swap for a refurbished or if its native to the stratosphere and Im out of luck)

1) If I set the Ringtone to a certain level it Randomely sets it back to lowest level before silent
1a) This makes it easy to accidently hit the volume lower button and make it silent and miss a call

MY Workaround Sound ManagerV2 but I wish it ws fixed in the phone Natively

I have Sound Manager V2 reset the volume everume every 2 hours but I wish it could reset it after each call. This has gotten my by for about a month

2) Call History doesn't update unless you go to the home screen and then open it up again

3) I can't customize the 4 Home screen shortcut Busstons like I could on Droid 2.
Don't know if this is a droid OS or Manufacturer Limitation ?? Is there a way to do this on samsung phones?

Stay Tooned. More posts soon
:blink:

DROID 4 is coming soon

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

When is Droid 4 Avail in a vzw phone Store to compare to a stratosphere?????:blink:

I have the droid razr maxx and still have my droid2 i use on wifi if i ever need to type allot. The vzw wifi is 30 bucks when added to plan. Id rather have the extended battery in the maxx. The droid four seems good but i like the maxx battery and form factor

Droid four was in stores last week

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Droid RAZR Max HD finally has touch buttons that are easy to hit but the blackberry z10 is faster responce

Back