vzw tech support

alquix

Reaction score
so after receiving a replacement tbolt due to reboots (of course it was refurbished) this one started rebooting too, so I called tech support to get yet another device. The tech support guy actually said that I can't get a replacement until I run this phone in safe mode and get a reboot under safe mode because, get this, the SD Card could be corrupt!
Hello? Is anybody home? Think McFly, think! - Biff Tannen
I explained to him the error in that logic, but unfortunately he said that I have to follow the troubleshooting steps before I get a replacement, so I'm sitting here waiting for my phone to reboot again without an SD card in it so that I can call back and get my second replacement.

I don't know how the VZW rep came to that conclusion, but SD cards can definitely cause a phone to reboot, I've seen it with my DX. It's possible that the OTA that downloaded to the SD card has has some type of adverse effect on the SD card resulting in multiple reboots. I've personally only had two reboots myself, so I don't know what is making my phone have less reboots then others who are experiencing multiple reboots a day. My last reboot took place when I was responding to a message via the facebook app, which isn't stored on the SD card. So based on that situation for myself alone, I can't make the connection between the SD card and random reboots. I think it is a software issue.

But troubleshooting procedures are troubleshooting procedures. Let me know how everything turns out.

Well personally I would just have kept the new phone. For the money I paid.
..no way would I want to sport a refurbished phone. Especially knowing the reboots were an issue.

ridin the lightning

Maybe the OP didn't know that the reboots were a software issue. In any case the reboots will continue to be a issue until HTC and VZW pushes out a fix. To be quite honest it sure is taking them a long time, which isn't a good thing for HTC.

Maybe the OP didn't know that the reboots were a software issue. In any case the reboots will continue to be a issue until HTC and VZW pushes out a fix. To be quite honest it sure is taking them a long time, which isn't a good thing for HTC.

It is being worked on by HTC .... prepare for gb cause its coming faster than you think
Sent from my Xoom

It is being worked on by HTC .... prepare for gb cause its coming faster than you think
Sent from my Xoom

I sure do love optimism, but do you have anything to support the gb comment?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Sent from my Xoom

With all due respect, Miami has the kind of record over the past couple years to show that he really doesn't need to back up his claims anymore. What he says can and should be taken as Gospel truth. His leaks are about as close to 100% accurate as it gets without being official Verizon statements.

Sent from my Xoom

With all due respect, Miami has the kind of record over the past couple years to show that he really doesn't need to back up his claims anymore. What he says can and should be taken as Gospel truth. His leaks are about as close to 100% accurate as it gets without being official Verizon statements.

LOL...yeah...what he said. Not too long ago, didn't all the news posts come from Miami?

Nate

There is already gb Roms from a leak.

Wonder what all those tbolt haters will think of a gingerbread tbolt ota. Lol

I'm sure he didn't know...but there's always the internet.

ridin the lightning

I'm with the other guy why would u trade ur device in for a refub knowing that the reboots were a problem lol SMH now ur stuck with the refurbished that's doing the same thing not to smart...

Back