Want a new rom on my razr

mb68

Reaction score
I have a rooted razr an I'm sick of this stock rom. Can anyone help me not sure how to do it and what is the best rom to use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I have a rooted razr an I'm sick of this stock rom. Can anyone help me not sure how to do it and what is the best rom to use.

Well the first thing you would need to do to install a new ROM would be to root your phone. If you're not familiar with rooting a phone I'd suggest doing some research first. The Razr Hacks page next door has a number of stickies and information about root. I strongly suggest you become more than familiar with root before doing it. If you don't want to root then there are a number of launchers and themes available on Google Play that can change the appearance of your desktop/icons etc.

Someone didn't read the OP. I don't have a razr so I'm not sure but find a rom that is compatible with your device (pretty sure there are a few on here) or do a search. The roms generally come with instructions

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Someone didn't read the OP. I don't have a razr so I'm not sure but find a rom that is compatible with your device (pretty sure there are a few on here) or do a search. The roms generally come with instructions

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
Yeah, you're right...sorry about that. I guess I'm still asleep, LOL.

Sorry about my first response...I didn't realize you are already rooted...still asleep I guess. Anyway, there are some links to a few ROMs next door in the Hacks Forum and a larger selection listed on Droidrzr.com. Adampalooza is right, they come with some pretty detailed instructions on how to install them. If you go to Droidrzr.com make sure you download for the XT912 model, they have listings for both the 910 and the 912.

I'm really enjoying the Eclipse rom. It's fast and works exactly how I want it to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Agreed. Eclipse is probably the best rom available for the razr, atm

Sent from my ROOTED DROID RAZR MAXX running ECLIPSE v1.3 using DroidForums

From what I've seen and heard, I can agree that eclipse is really good.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Back