Want to install leaked 2.2

Reaction score
So, I'm getting really tired of waiting for the frickin frackin froyo OTA. Its so frickin frackin frustrating! Tried to install the leak right after it was released, but could not get it to work on my X.

Here's my question(s):
Is it worth it in your opinions to just install the leak?
Is it fairly simple to get back to 2.1 for the OTA?
How the hell do I install the leak and keep the same settings, apps, and prefs that I have right now?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It is worth it to install the leak... its VERY easy to go back to 2.1 stock as long as you have the sbf file and Motorola RSD Light, however it will reset your phone to stock... you'll have to reactivate your phone, and restore all your apps. You won't loose anything on your SD card tho.

2.2 runs faster, smoother, looks a little better, has some more bells and whistles like Adobe Flash.

Thanks for the info! The main reason I want 2.2 is for flash. Does anyone have directions written up anywhere for installing on a rooted 2.1 device, that will allow me to keep all my current apps and settings?

Thanks for the info! The main reason I want 2.2 is for flash. Does anyone have directions written up anywhere for installing on a rooted 2.1 device, that will allow me to keep all my current apps and settings?

Yes, there is PLENTY of guides in these forums as well as others. I usually resort to this page Droid X because it's what I use, and has everything I need.

Just what the doctor ordered! Thanks Arcstriker for all your help. Off to install 2.2.

Good luck, a word of advice, make sure you read the steps and follow to a T and don't get frustrated if it doesn't work right the very first try...

I have just a couple more questions. What program is used to run the commands i.e. "adb shell"? Also, i have been having issues with downloading .zip files on my phone "file not supported", any suggestions on how to download? One more question, will I be able to keep root if I used EasyRoot?

Thanks again for all the help. It is much appreciated. I'm a total Android OS noob.

You can always just download it to a computer and then hook up a usb cable to move it over. I do that with everything anyways just to have backups on my desktop.

Success! Definitely diggin the leak. Already notice the phone is pretty snappy now and, most importantly, I can watch Vimeo vids on my X!

Back