Wanting to buy a Droid4 but need help.

Munstir

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I'm looking to purchase a Droid 4 and currently have a Thunderbolt. I have a 2 year upgrade available due to my family plan and would like to use it. Problem is I don't know the best route to take in buying a Droid 4. I would to find one at a good price and have no problem trading in or selling my thunderbolt to use as money for it. Anyone know any good sites or ways to go about buying it? Thanks for any help ahead of time.

I went to the BestBuy Mobile store to purchase my D4. They actually contacted a competitor that had the phone for cheaper, made sure they had the phone in stock, and price-matched the phone to their price. For like, $30.00 more, Best Buy offers a buy-back program, and you are GUARANTEED a certain amount of money when you get your next phone. They will also give you a pretty decent price for the phone you currently have if you trade it in (if it's in pretty good condition). I was pretty happy with BestBuy Mobile when it came to the purchase of my D4. They didn't have the phone in stock, but they did ship it to me free of charge. I'm sure they would have it in stock now.

Best buy is where I purchased my thunderbolt. Do you remember how much you payed exactly?

I paid $150.00 just for the phone with my 2-year upgrade. They price matched Radio Shack. Everything all together I think cost right at $200, and that was including the buy-back program, and Best Buy's insurance policy and activation.

With a 2 year upgrade amazon mobile is selling it for $99 think best buy would price match that?

I highly doubt it. They would only price match for me to a store in my town that had the item in stock.

With a 2 year upgrade amazon mobile is selling it for $99 think best buy would price match that?

I just ordered a D4 through Amazon Wireless (or whatever its called). $99 for the phone, and I think I will have to pay the $30 upgrade fee to Verizon because I didn't buy directly through them. That still saves me $40, though, so I'm happy!

When I placed the order, on Saturday, it said it was backordered and probably wouldn't ship until mid to late July. It actually ended up shipping yesterday, though, and I'll be getting it tomorrow. :D

(It still says its backordered, so your luck may vary)

Edit:

As for trading in your Thunderbolt, Amazon does have a trade-in program, I don't know how good it is. I'm keeping my D2; I don't think an old cellphone will net a lot of money from a trade-in, plus I can still use it--either as a PDA, spare MP3 player, or just a really fancy alarm clock.... Or maybe pass it off to someone else in my family for same functions. :)

Last edited:
ABout a week ago I upgraded from a Droid 2 to Droid 4. I did it directly through Verizon because 1 - I was getting an "Early Upgrade" which only Verizon can do and 2 - If you upgrade at Verizon store you can keep the unlimited data. I told the Verizon guy I was going to a Verizon store in NH to avoid Mass sales tax and he said if I do it right now he would give me a $30 credit on my bill so I jumped

ABout a week ago I upgraded from a Droid 2 to Droid 4. I did it directly through Verizon because 1 - I was getting an "Early Upgrade" which only Verizon can do and 2 - If you upgrade at Verizon store you can keep the unlimited data.

I don't know what you mean by "early upgrade". There's an "official" early upgrade, at 18 months I think, which is what I just used through Amazon. Of course, if you want to upgrade earlier than that, yeah, that'd have to be authorized by a Verizon agent....*

And, while checking out through Amazon, I had to select plan details; for the data, the top option was to keep my existing (unlimited) plan. If that option hadn't been there, I would not have upgraded that way. But it was, and I did, and it *looks* like I still have unlimited. Of course, if it looks like they try to suddenly change it on me, they'll have one irate customer to deal with. For now though, unlimited 4G! Yay! :D

(Everything I say here is based entirely on my own experiences, and may not be 100% correct)

Back