Weak vibration

dominator77

Reaction score
I upgraded to the Thunderbolt on 4/1. Exchanged it for a droid 2 (for smaller size and keyboard) on 4/10. Quickly realized my mistake and had to buy it again at upgrade price on 4/11.
Now to my point... While setting up the phone I realized a very big difference in the haptic feedback and vibration on the 2nd Thunderbolt. It is very weak and makes a buzzing noise when keys are pressed, giving it a cheap or refurbished feel. I know the TB I had a day earlier had a deeper vibration which gave the phone a solid feel.
Was wondering why such a diference on such a new phone? And if there's a way to fix it or send it somewhere to be fixed?

Its called mass production. If you really think its an issue take it back to Verizon and let them check it out.

I immediatly took it back and a rep told me it could be because they got a rushed shipment and the quality of the phones may not be as good as a week earlier... So I turned the vibrate off but it really bugs me and I spent alot of money. Do you think its possible to try and find an 'original' like I had?

Dont know what you mean by "original". You have 14 days to return it if your not happy, or get it swapped.

Grand Solution: Wait for Bionic

Why did you go back to Droid 2? If vibration is that much of an issue,take it back. Keep in mind though if u ever come back to them with a problem they might call you out on all this exchanging....
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I meant one that wasn't in that rushed shipment or something.. its a brand new phone, it should work perfectly.. but thanks for the suggestion I think I will go back and exchange it for another.. I'll just try it out first.

The whole "rushed shipment" BS is just a verizon rep pulling something from somewhere.

Yes it should work perfect, but the truth is, it is mass produced and there will be defects here and there.

You could exchange it for another and get one that is perfect for you.......or you could swap it 10 more times and get the same bad vibration.

Yea I know..but it bugs me that the quality could be better like the first one I had.. I never even thought or cared about vibration on a phone until I noticed this difference. Its crazy how theres good ones and bad ones, even in a brand-new model..

Yea I know..but it bugs me that the quality could be better like the first one I had.. I never even thought or cared about vibration on a phone until I noticed this difference. Its crazy how theres good ones and bad ones, even in a brand-new model..

Well I was used to physical buttons and smaller size but realized the TB is way more advanced than droid 2.. I guess now I have a brand new droid 2 for sale..

Is anyone else experienced really week vibration or is it just my phone and should I take it back

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Mine is weak also. I thinks its just a small motor.

Mine is weak as well. Droid could walk across the floor Razr barely moves. Not a big deal for me though but I did notice the difference

Is anyone else experienced really week vibration or is it just my phone and should I take it back

Also weak here i kinda like it...doesnt vibrate out of your hands ;)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

My guess is that the phone is so thin that they couldn't get a good size motor in the phone. I miss the strong vibration from my og Droid but this phone is so much better than the Droid I can overlook the weak vibration.

Back