well, i just put on my steinheil oleophobic screen protector last night

Reaction score
it works great. crystal clear, and no affect whatsoever on touch sensitivity, unlike the xo skin i had. it doesn't make the screen grainy or feel rubbery like the xo skin i had either. feels smooth and no bubbles.

it went on easy the first time. no lint or dust trapped. took about 1 minute to install
biggrin.gif

(it's a dry install, just peel and stick). $13.99 out the door from amazon.

only thing is it doesn't go to the edges all the way, not even the side edges. i can understand not going to the bottom edge because it's curved and it'll peel up, but why doesn't it go to the side edges?
confused.gif

however, despite this, this is the best screen protector i've tried so far. :D

Last edited:
it works great. crystal clear, and no affect whatsoever on touch sensitivity.

it went on easy the first time. no lint or dust trapped. took about 1 minute to install
biggrin.gif

(it's a dry install, just peel and stick). $13.99 out the door from amazon.

only thing is it doesn't go to the edges all the way, not even the side edges. i can understand not going to the bottom edge because it's curved and it'll peel up, but why doesn't it go to the side edges?
confused.gif

however, despite this, this is the best screen protector i've tried so far. :D

They avoid the edges because when people put cases on that cover a bit of the screen, they cause screen protectors to peel up. I'm still on the fence about the screen protectors!

They avoid the edges because when people put cases on that cover a bit of the screen, they cause screen protectors to peel up. I'm still on the fence about the screen protectors!

i was too, for the longest time. but if you change your mind, this is one of the good ones that won't diminish your phone experience at all DancingNexus

They avoid the edges on the Nexus because the glass is curved, causes the edges not to stick because it's a dry application. Their wet application protector goes to the edge because it doesn't have the issue with curved glass.

They avoid the edges on the Nexus because the glass is curved, causes the edges not to stick because it's a dry application. Their wet application protector goes to the edge because it doesn't have the issue with curved glass.

I should have started my post with "I think"! :biggrin:

I should have started my post with "I think"! :biggrin:

Heh, I was curious myself why they didn't go to the edge with the dry application, so I researched a bit. I use the dry one though and I've gotten used to the little border it has around the edge. It feels just like the glass does.

confused.gif

Over on the Screen Protector thread by Ilikemoneygreen, I posted my review of the Rearth screen protector that I bought from Amazon. The SGP was not in stock when I went to order on GN day one, so I ordered this one. It is a dry application and does cover all of the glass but .... Due to the stiffness of the dry application plastic, it does not lay down all the way around the screen or the speaker hole. The GN glass screen is curved at the edges and around the ear speaker hole, probably from the mold that it is made in. The Rearth is clear and works well if you can get past the "white" looking perimeter :frown:.

I have the Diztronics TPU case on it and the case just comes to the screen protector edge. It doesn't touch or overlap it so the lifted edge is not from that. "Money" said some have had success with a hair dryer to warm the protector to get it to lay down but I am not brave enough to try that on my GN. I will replace this protector with the SGP when I get tired of it.

I had this exact problem with my Best Skins Ever which led me to the Steinheil Oleophobic. Glad it did because I love this thing! [h=2][/h]

The only thing I don't like about the oleophobic is that it seems to get more finger prints and it's much harder to wipe off.

I know this is the opposite of what most people have said, but man sometimes I feel like I can't get the damn thing clean. Never had that problem with the stock glass. I'll clean it for like a minute and look at the screen and it still has oils on it. I find that doing a circle motion with the fiber cloth and then wiping in one direction seems to clean it the best.

The only thing I don't like about the oleophobic is that it seems to get more finger prints and it's much harder to wipe off.

I know this is the opposite of what most people have said, but man sometimes I feel like I can't get the damn thing clean. Never had that problem with the stock glass. I'll clean it for like a minute and look at the screen and it still has oils on it. I find that doing a circle motion with the fiber cloth and then wiping in one direction seems to clean it the best.

yep you're right. there is no doubt it collects hand oil far more than the screen does.

Back