Well the Turbo is going back

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Tried my best to love the Turbo as much as my past Moto devices but this one just does not have it. Reception is not as good as my past Moto devices. After researching I believe it has to do with the antenna being right on the top. With a case this really lessens the signal. Battery life is great but nowhere near what I would have expected. I was getting just as good if not better battery life when I first got my LG G2 with a smaller battery. And there is that camera. What more do I need to say.

I have always considered myself somewhat of a Moto fanboy and I actually came back to VZW partly to get the Turbo. Sorry to say it just does not live up to their past efforts. And in all honesty I got a little spoiled having the G2. It had phenomenal reception and an excellent camera. So I am going to go with a G3. The folks at my local VZW store are nice enough to let me swap out past my 14 days. On top of that I get to keep the Turbo only $100 trade-in credit.

Looking forward to hearing what you think about the G3. Your experience is about what I was starting to gather about the Turbo. Not a terrible device, but not as good as it should have been.

So disappointed for you Garemlin. I know this was tough to do. I certainly hope you enjoy your new G3. As for the rest of you out there either considering or with one now and contemplating during the 14 day "Worry-free Guarantee" period, as much as Garemlin may not have been totally satisfied with his phone, Your Results May Vary. For me, it's been all the beast that I expected it to be. I couldn't be more pleased, save for the fact that I have a short period of time where I can not do simultaneous voice and data. That will be resolved and I wholly expect that I will be even more pleased with the phone once Lollipop drops.

Glad you are getting what you want....options are always good.

It is a good device. It just didn't live up to my expectations I guess. And having been spoiled with a high quality camera on my phone I kinda want that again. Glad there are other options of devices with good reception these days.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

The G3 is a great device - probably one of my favorites. I am still using the Z3v but am considering swapping back to the G3 just cause I miss it :)...

Good luck!

So disappointed for you Garemlin. I know this was tough to do. I certainly hope you enjoy your new G3. As for the rest of you out there either considering or with one now and contemplating during the 14 day "Worry-free Guarantee" period, as much as Garemlin may not have been totally satisfied with his phone, Your Results May Vary. For me, it's been all the beast that I expected it to be. I couldn't be more pleased, save for the fact that I have a short period of time where I can not do simultaneous voice and data. That will be resolved and I wholly expect that I will be even more pleased with the phone once Lollipop drops.

+1 Totally agree . Figure it will only get better with 5.0 .

Agree as well. I must say the G3 is my favorite and I have had a bunch of phones.

As an owner of the g3 and the turbo.. And a large bottle or tequila.. I say.. The g3 will fall very short of the turbo. I had the g3 at opening day.. It just couldn't cut it.. So. I passed the g3 off and went back to my Maxx until the turbo came out. Tequila not opened yet ... Just so ya know :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know that alcoholic beverages will [have] no effect on our ability to judge electronic devices...:rolleyes:
You must not be drinking the good stuff.....last time I was drunk I thought I was Maxwell Smart and tried making a call from my shoe phone...the spotty coverage cut my call short, but I thought it was a great device at the time!

S5 tap'n

Last edited by a moderator:
@Garemlin did you buy the G3 off contract? If so, take it back and buy mine! haha :p

It is a good device. It just didn't live up to my expectations I guess. And having been spoiled with a high quality camera on my phone I kinda want that again. Glad there are other options of devices with good reception these days.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo
Now you just need to change your tapatalk signature :D

Back