what does everyone think of spb mobile shell 3d app ??????

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
just wondering what you all think about this fantastic app just bought it FOR 14.99 FROM THE MARKET iT WAS A GOOD CHUNK OF MONE BUT i AM NOT REGRETTING IT ........this is the greatest 15$ i SPENT ever

SPB Shell 3D: next generation user interface. Enjoy your phone!Next generation user interface. Enjoy your phone!
To launch SPB Shell 3D press the Home button once installation is completed.
Features:
3D Home screen/launcher
Smart folders
3D widgets
Collection of panels and widgets
Release notes:
Tablets are not supported
Live wallpapers are not supported (for performance reasons)
HTC Thunderbolt users: there is a chance of black screen on app launch. If you still decide to give it a shot, please contact support in case of any problems.
Please rate the app if you like it. If you have any questions or comments, please email us at [email protected].
Keywords: SPB Shell 3D, SPB Mobile Shell 5.0, home screen, launcher, widgets

SPB MOBILE 3d SHELL Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU84J1ShSQ&feature=player_embedded

I like the app, 15 bucks a little steep but hey i have no complaints so far.

when i saw what it can do .... wow. not sure i wanna sink 15 bucks into it just yet until i hear some more feedback ....

its an app, overlay over the stock ui, so how much resources it uses is something id be concerned about since battery power and cpu real estate is important these days for smartphones ....

posted via android

it got several low reviews ... mostly from DX owners. wonder if the D2 and D2G is a similar architecture to the DX .... if these owners experienced issues on their device i would likely experience issues on mine.

i would not buy an app that shortly down the road is obsoleted by an update that incorporates all/some of the features found in the paid app. especially not for $15. i would rather go with launcher pro and deal with the bugs.

i have a d2 and it works great on top of gingerblur.

i've seen videos of the gingerbread update for the D2, DX ... i actually like it

i've seen videos of the gingerbread update for the D2, DX ... i actually like it

gingerblur is motorola's best software yet, and I prefer it over pure google.

I bought it too because I'm always looking for something cool to do with my phone and I couldn't resist.
It does need a bit of work in some key areas before I can really say i'm going to keep using it regularly.

Pros:
-It's pretty cool. It looks great. the 3D carasel is useful. The graphical effects are pretty sweet.

-It have a handy bar at the bottom that lets you place icons into so that you can easily move multipe icons to a new screen easily

-the bar at the bottom is customizable to an extent allowing you to place apps of your choice

-Nice looking customizable folders which cool layouts

-Its really easy to change which panel is your home screen and to add and remove home panels. You can have more then 7 home panels, though i'm not sure what the max is since I haven't tried to add a bunch.

Cons:

-It runs well a lot of the time on my Droid2 Global, but it does lag and freeze sometimes when opening up something off of the home screen or launching a menu. It also takes a good minute before its usable after a reboot or relaunch. You see a loading screen that takes much longer then it should. It feels a tab processor intensice and it seems my phone has trouble keeping up with it sometimes. I'm not sure what effect it has on battery life at this point since i've only been running it 1/2 day.

-It has no support for landscape mode, which is one of my biggest gripes.

- it won't allow you to leave gaps between icons. It automatically pushes all icons to the top in the order you specify which is also a big deal to me. I like organizing app icons and leaving space for organizational purposes

-when you long press on the screen and choose folders on a pure google or motoblur phone, you get the option to create a blank folder or create a folder from a program that supports it, (such as Note Everything, touchdown, etc). With SPB you can only make a blank one and you don't see the options from other progams that support it.

All in all, its very interesting and i'm hopeful that they will fix some of these issues with updates. It is brand new afterall and they are trying somehting fairly unique, so i'll cut it some slack.

I'm sure there's more, but I think anyone who is still reading this must have watery eyes from staring at the screen for so long, so i'll stop here, lol :rolleyes:

not having landscape mode support is the biggest sticking point for me!

The beta needed a lot of work done to it. After playing around with the free version....I can't see anybody spending $15.00 on it. Might as well throw fifteen dollars out of the window when you drive some where today.

Well judging from Solars review, i am going to wait a bit and see what the dev can add for functionality. I use landscape mode a LOT and dont want to waste 15 dollars for something that is resource intensive and will only be seen 15% of the time

The features are surprising. I like what I am hearing, yet will wait for further updates before buying

if this app truely delivered without the hickups i've heard about .... i'd pay $ 15 for it. but it is flawed.

I just watched a couple vids of it on youtube. Pretty sweet lookin! I'm sure an update will come out soon.

Once I see its ready and the bugs are worked out, id be more then willing to drop $15 on it. Till then im not making a investment in something that I cant use(well)

Back