what feature were you hoping for?

tindogify

Reaction score
I was looking forward towards speech recognition, when you pause the speech recognition pause with you. I'm very disappointed that this is water down ics..it would off been a selling point for me ,but i guess I'm going to buy the samsung galaxy 3

I was looking forward towards speech recognition, when you pause the speech recognition pause with you. I'm very disappointed that this is water down ics..it would off been a selling point for me ,but i guess I'm going to buy the samsung galaxy 3

Compared to previous versions of Android, there's nothing "watered down" about voice commands/recognition on ICS. In fact, it's better than any version before it. The speech to text has definitely taken a step forward. S Voice on the SIII is better than the stock recognition on ICS, but it's still not that great. And it doesn't fully integrate in the way that it really needs to.

The new Google Voice Search that's been introduced with Jelly Bean is what you're really wanting. By all accounts, it works exceptionally well. Here's an interesting test of it along side Siri on the iPhone 4S.

I'm bummed out that chrome isn't supported in this ics version yet.

I'm bummed out that chrome isn't supported in this ics version yet.

Chrome web browser? It works perfectly fine with ICS on the RAZR/MAXX. It's still a bit buggy, but it's a bit buggy on every device right now. Definitely better than it was since the latest update though.

Lol. Never mind. I checked like 5 days ago and it said it wasn't supported.

Lol. Never mind. I checked like 5 days ago and it said it wasn't supported.

Ha, ha. Chrome is only supported on ICS right now. Maybe you were still on Gingerbread when you checked?

No. I was on the soak test.

Very strange. While I won't say if I was or wasn't a part of the soak test, Chrome has been working on my MAXX for over a week now :). It was one of the first apps I installed after receiving ICS.

Perhaps when you checked, the Play store hadn't quite caught on to the fact that your phone was running ICS.

Back