What is the best program for nandroid backup and restore?

pego99

Reaction score
I am rooted and have the latest rom manager which I have used on my d1 I also have the bootstrap program but I am used to rom manager. Does rom manager work ok on the dx?

I've never used rom manager on the X...only bootstrap, for me its the way to go. You can't use rom manager without bootstrap but you can use bootstrap without rom manager. I would get used to using bootstrap as it loads all files for the X. Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I've never used rom manager on the X...only bootstrap, for me its the way to go. You can't use rom manager without bootstrap but you can use bootstrap without rom manager. I would get used to using bootstrap as it loads all files for the X. Good luck

Thanks.
There are 2 choices when I start bootstrapper bootstrap recovery and reboot recovery but since there no instructions which do I use and then what do I do next. Will it be obvious?

Hit the top choice first...you will get a success...then hit the bottom one that will take you into clockwork recovery. Many choices from there...good luck

Hit the top choice first...you will get a success...then hit the bottom one that will take you into clockwork recovery. Many choices from there...good luck

So are you saying that the top button is for backup and the bottom one to restore?

So are you saying that the top button is for backup and the bottom one to restore?

No, the top just gets permissions & such set. The bottom reboots into clockwork recovery. You'll be able to figure out where to go from there. I forget what it says exactly. Use your arrow keys to go up n down. Camera key to select.

Im sorry no...the top I assume prepares the phone to go into clockwork recovery vs stock recovery while the bottom button actually reboots the phone into the clockwork recovery.

Thanks I got it to work it works great

Glad to hear it worked out for you...good luck

Back