what to look out for in new nexus?

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Ok heres a question for you guys....gonna get a nexus friday when i go home for spring break cus my current phone is severely F'd!!!!! when it comes, what do i need to check for out of the box?? i know to check if it makes/receives calls, check for damage/defects, but what else would signal tht i may have gotta a lemon??? i wanna know before i dive deep into nerdism (oh you know what i mean by tht!!!!)...​

I would open the box and make sure it has a galaxy nexus inside...

Ok heres a question for you guys....gonna get a nexus friday when i go home for spring break cus my current phone is severely F'd!!!!! when it comes, what do i need to check for out of the box?? i know to check if it makes/receives calls, check for damage/defects, but what else would signal tht i may have gotta a lemon??? i wanna know before i dive deep into nerdism (oh you know what i mean by tht!!!!)...​

If you're into rooting and stuff I'd unlock the bootloader before anything, if I were you, because it erases everything when you unlock it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

If you're into rooting and stuff I'd unlock the bootloader before anything, if I were you, because it erases everything when you unlock it

oh absolutely, hence the word 'nerdism' lol -_-

Root that baby then and get the best ROM out in my opinion, AOKP AXIOM CROSSBREED Monolith. Absolutely amazing. Runs on android 4.0.4 and the battery life is tremendous.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Root that baby then and get the best ROM out in my opinion, AOKP AXIOM CROSSBREED Monolith. Absolutely amazing. Runs on android 4.0.4 and the battery life is tremendous.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

+1

What Benland and Matt said. I haven't had battery life coupled with performance like this since I can't remember when.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I'd suggest going slow on installing your usual collection of apps. Sometimes what gets tagged as a "bad gnex" is really one/more apps that don't work reliably in ICS, so any gnex will respond the same way.

Great choice btw. I love this phone!

I'd suggest going slow on installing your usual collection of apps. Sometimes what gets tagged as a "bad gnex" is really one/more apps that don't work reliably in ICS, so any gnex will respond the same way.

Great choice btw. I love this phone!

any that you know of right off hand ?

Why bother to unlock and root before checking to see if it's a lemon?
Am I the only one that actually read the question?
See if it's ok before venturing into the customizations so you'll know if the customization is the cause of any troubles or if they already existed.

From the problems I've read:

See if you have the reboot problem when connected to wifi and leaving range.
See if your PC can see it when connected via usb.
See if you have a bunch of dropped calls.
See if you have problems with the 4G 3G handoff.
Make sure the power and volume buttons are sturdy.

Why bother to unlock and root before checking to see if it's a lemon?
Am I the only one that actually read the question?
See if it's ok before venturing into the customizations so you'll know if the customization is the cause of any troubles or if they already existed.

From the problems I've read:

See if you have the reboot problem when connected to wifi and leaving range.
See if your PC can see it when connected via usb.
See if you have a bunch of dropped calls.
See if you have problems with the 4G 3G handoff.
Make sure the power and volume buttons are sturdy.

ha lol
wow thanx, thats actually the type of answer i was looking for...

Back