Whats up with the new keyboard?

nooter99

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the "symbols bar" that's above the virtual keyboard on 2.2 update? It's driving me nuts, hate it! Also,what's with the webpage being displayed instead of just a text box, I have to keep scrolling down while I'm typing to see what I wrote. Not liking it! New stock texting sucks too, liked it better with black background and without stupid icons next to every text! Sometimes things should just be left alone.

it only shows up after you hit space bar and gives you quick access to punctuation. Keep typing and it goes away. Not sure why it would drive you crazy. i started actually using it and like it. The quick number access feature is cool to.

I really wish they would put the & sign in that list as well as some other symbols since there's only a few being used and the rest are blank. Would be REAL handy if you could select what symbols went into it since we all use different symbols at different rates.

phone settings > language & keyboard > Android keyboard > Show suggestions > UNCHECK

is that what you mean?

Droid X's software keyboard is already available.Try and share your feedback.

Droid X's software keyboard is already available.Try and share your feedback.

Well, if you ask me, it's not that good. On my Droid X, I ended up buying Better Keyboard. The Droid X keyboard can't figure out how to capitalize the letter I in a sentence.

Now that I think of it, Better Keyboard might fix the problem the OP is talking about where you type directly into a web page instead of a box popping up over the keyboard.

As far as the texting app, OP, have you tried handcent?

As far as the texting app, OP, have you tried handcent?

Yeah that's what I was going to say. It gives you the option to remove the icons, change the colors, set custom alerts & LED notifications... pretty much whatever you want.

I must not pay attention because I hardly noticed a change in my texting with Froyo. *shrug*

My only real beef with the 2.2 keyboard is the removal of the .com key. It saved me 3 extra presses all the time.

the new update

when i installed it my droid froze I NEED HELP my screen is stuck on the little motorola symbol i cant use my phone .i have taken the battery out and nothing any suggestions

Back