Where's my Android keyboard?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed on this latest ROM that the "stock" keyboard has the ability to use Google's speech to text. When showing the wife (just after updating her phone) she asked why her stock keyboard is different. I was looking at hers and it really does suck.

So I was wondering where the keyboard app resides and if it'll work on her Eris if I install it from the SD card.

Thanks.

if you check out my blog i have a video demonstrating how to change the keyboard the link is in my sig

if you check out my blog i have a video demonstrating how to change the keyboard the link is in my sig

Thanks but this is not what I need. I switch between three on my phone. What I need is
Jim 777 said:
...where the keyboard app resides and if it'll work on her Eris if I install it from the SD card

as far as I am aware there is no "keyboard" app per se for the default android keyboard but from what I have read on others posts is that if you want to find the .apk file the name is something like "latin_ime.apk" but dont quote me on that hope this helps and sorry I misunderstood your original post

Back