Who is ditching the Bionic for the Galaxy Nexus?

lanza_david

Reaction score
The bionic is a great phone, but Vanilla ICS is very tempting. What do you think?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Not me. I bought the bionic because it has all the features I was looking for and does everything I need it to do. I knew about all the phones that were coming out this year and the bionic was the one I wanted. Yes it has its problems but every phone does. Ics would be nice but we'll get eventually too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I would get the GNex now if I could but I can't cause I got the Bionic a couple months ago. It's a great phone so I'll be just fine.

Sent from a Phone

I'm cool with my Bionic. Will wait for the Bionic ICS update. That way, they can work out any kinks. Do look forward to ICS! Meanwhile, will root the Bionic to see what mischief I can get into ;-)

I am not going to buy a phone hot off the presses again for a long time... if ever. Buying into the Bionic hype has simply pissed me off beyond words. But it's not just the Bionic apparently, it's any new phone it seems.

How these phone companies have so many sheeple convinced that something so buggy is "great" is beyond my comprehension. Ya, it's a great idea, but the implementation falls way short of "great" in my opinion.

I just can't see myself buying the nexus at full retail price, only to have to go through this nonsense of "all phones have bugs when they're released". That's the most ridiculous justification I've heard, yet it's thrown around on these forums all the time.

Good grief! No wonder phone companies don't have to deliver a working product, there's so many sheeple just willing to say they have it in their hands, it doesn't matter if it works or not.

I'll wait until the nexus comes down in price, and if it works better than the Bionic, I'm tossing mine in a heartbeat.

I agree. Its never good to buy tech when it first comes out. Wait a couple months to see how it goes. Some bugs may never get fixed or may be based on faulty hardware (Samsung uses junk sometimes). That being said I also picked the Bionic knowing of what the devices are out and coming out. It fit my needs and is bug free for me after the update. Moto is usually good with pushing out updates. The Nexus being a vanilla device is not a selling point to me and the fact that is made by Samsung makes it a no go in my book.

I have an upgrade to use, but I think I'll wait a week before deciding on a Nexus. My Bionic is serving me well. Other than ICS, I can't see any significant advantage of the Nexus. Given the recent releases, I would like to see what bugs need to be fixed in the Nexus before jumping in.

Not me. I bought the bionic because it has all the features I was looking for and does everything I need it to do. I knew about all the phones that were coming out this year and the bionic was the one I wanted. Yes it has its problems but every phone does. Ics would be nice but we'll get eventually too.

Likewise! LOVE my Bionic and it was at least $150 cheaper than Nexus and it has external SD card and I can see the screen in daylight and MOTO has superior build quality.
VERY snappy phone and it does what I want it to do...ICS is right around the corner as devs are working on ROM's with one already in Alpha stage.

Moreover, the just released OTA fixed any glitches (though I had none) and made the phone even better. :p

I have no regrets...nor Nexus envy.

I've been tempted, but it lacks too much of what I want.

I almost did today. But when i saw the Nexus i personally thought it was to big. I will just stick with Bionic for a couple years.

I am not going to buy a phone hot off the presses again for a long time... if ever. Buying into the Bionic hype has simply pissed me off beyond words. But it's not just the Bionic apparently, it's any new phone it seems.

How these phone companies have so many sheeple convinced that something so buggy is "great" is beyond my comprehension. Ya, it's a great idea, but the implementation falls way short of "great" in my opinion.

I just can't see myself buying the nexus at full retail price, only to have to go through this nonsense of "all phones have bugs when they're released". That's the most ridiculous justification I've heard, yet it's thrown around on these forums all the time.

Good grief! No wonder phone companies don't have to deliver a working product, there's so many sheeple just willing to say they have it in their hands, it doesn't matter if it works or not.

I'll wait until the nexus comes down in price, and if it works better than the Bionic, I'm tossing mine in a heartbeat.

This doesn't just echo my own sentiment...but I have also learned that, although I LURV my Bionic, I really do, I could have loved it all the same about 2 months later at about $200 cheaper. I got in line and purchased the Bionic the morning it came out at Costco. $299. Though I got some awesome free accessories bundled with it, it was still $300 bones. About 2 months later and the phone's discounted down to $150 to even $50 through some outlets.

I think when my Bionic retires in another 1.75 years, I will know which phone I want...but I will know to wait a month or two.
1: Bugs with the phone will be evident and maybe even worked out.
2: The price will most likely drop, especially at the rate carriers are presenting new phones month after month.

The reason phone companies release phones that still have bugs, is because once they announce it, the general public turns into a bunch of insane spoiled freaks getting pissed that it isn't in their hands. Then they get the phone, hate the bugs, and instantly look to the next phone that comes out a month later and the cycle starts all over.

It's this type of consumer behavior that encourages Verizon, Motorola, Samsung, and anyone else to continue to cycle through the bug filled phones. The recent Bionic update helped my phone as well and I anticipate that the best of the Bionic is still ahead of it. As it's continually updated and then receives ICS, the ones who are patient and hold onto this phone, will be the ones that truly get the Bionic experience. I personally think the Bionic should be what we expected it to be the day it was released, but a select few have ruined that for the rest of us, and we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I am going to use this Bionic into the ground and get everything I possibly can out of it.

Im no longer switching to it.

Ill be the first to admit, I got caught up in the hype and truly thought this was the "iPhone killer" (hate that saying). I was going to sell my Bionic and jump all over it. BUT....

IM a camera guyNot impressed at all with the pics posted in Gnex section. Dont understand the 5mp choice by samsung.

IMO I can wait for ICS. Ill never use NFC. Bionic is fast enough. 4.6 looks great but monsterous.

Sent from my Platonic BIONIC using DroidForums

Back