Why is the Incredible better than the Droid?

gibsonlp223

Reaction score
So I'm eligible for an upgrade in a couple of days and I had my heart set on the Droid. One of the main reasons I like the Droid is because of the physical keyboard. But now people are talking about how the Incredible will be better than the Droid. Why is this so? Should I wait a little longer and get the Incredible?

Not if you want a physical keyboard. The Incredible doesn't have one. On the other hand, many people who purchased the Droid in part because of its physical keyboard (myself included) never use it.

Yeah, if I had the choice, I'd be leaning towards the Incredible, as long as I could get Swype on it.. :)

Though it will be interesting to see if the incredible gets rooted. HTC seems to do a good job locking their machines down, has the Eris even been rooted yet? If the incredible is crippled by Verizon at all (no GPS, no tethering, etc) I wouldn't be interested in it until it was rooted.

Last edited:
Personally, I wanted a pure android phone, and the Droid is.

I'm sure you might be able to lose sense ui later on...

I would get the incrediable over the droid. Only thing the droid has lacking is the camera. 8 mp should be awesome. That and N wifi. Oh yeah and processor. Other than that not much difference between the two. I just want a better camera. If you want the keyboard than wait, but like the others i rarely use it.

Yeah, if I had the choice, I'd be leaning towards the Incredible, as long as I could get Swype on it.. :)

Though it will be interesting to see if the incredible gets routed. HTC seems to do a good job locking their machines down, has the Eris even been rooted yet? If the incredible is crippled by Verizon at all (no GPS, no tethering, etc) I wouldn't be interested in it until it was rooted.

eris has been rooted.

i think if you really want a physical keyboard, get the droid. i got used to the physical keyboard although I still think it's not very good. so for me i never use the physical keyboard. so therefore the slight extra weight/bulk of the physical keyboard i didn't want. so i'm getting the incredible.

we need something short to call the incredible. it's too long to type.

I would get the incrediable over the droid. Only thing the droid has lacking is the camera. 8 mp should be awesome. That and N wifi. Oh yeah and processor. Other than that not much difference between the two. I just want a better camera. If you want the keyboard than wait, but like the others i rarely use it.

Don't think the Incredible supports "N wifi." From Verizon's press release today...

* Android 2.1 with HTC Sense experience
* 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor for maximum responsiveness
* Friend Stream for unified Flickr, Facebook and Twitter updates
* “Leap” view for quick access to all seven home screen panels
* 8 megapixel camera with dual LED flash for crisp, detailed images
* Razor-sharp 3.7 inch WVGA (480×800) AMOLED capacitive touch display
* Optical joystick for smooth navigation
* Dedicated, touch-sensitive Home, Menu, Back and Search keys
* Proximity sensor, light sensor and digital compass
* Integrated GPS
* Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
* 3.5 mm headset jack

Well I currently have an iPod touch and I gotta say, I HATE the virtual keyboard on it, I always make mistakes. Is the the Incredibles different from the ipods?

If it's anything like the Nexus One...no thanks..."been there, done that". The N1 felt as I was going to break the damn thing... very sleek and slim but I prefer function over form... As great as the AMOLED screen looked indoors it was painfully bad outside.
I hear you... all of a sudden people are coming out hating on the droid...even long time members of this forum "can't wait until the incredible comes out"..."and will put the droid on ebay"... :icon_rolleyes:

I'll stay with my boxy looking great droid with a physical keyboard thank you very much.

Well I currently have an iPod touch and I gotta say, I HATE the virtual keyboard on it, I always make mistakes. Is the the Incredibles different from the ipods?

it'll be worse. lol...the iphone/itouch virtual keyboard i actually found very good. i installed the htc virtual keyboard on the droid and it's much better. so i guess you need a physical keyboard. lol

If it's anything like the Nexus One...no thanks..."been there, done that". The N1 felt as I was going to break the damn thing... very sleek and slim but I prefer function over form... As great as the AMOLED screen looked indoors it was painfully bad outside.
I hear you... all of a sudden people are coming out hating on the droid...even long time members of this forum "can't wait until the incredible comes out"..."and will put the droid on ebay"... :icon_rolleyes:

I'll stay with my boxy looking great droid with a physical keyboard thank you very much.

i personally like the droid. my wife has it and i play with it all the time. for me it's just a tad heavy/bulky. the physical keyboard i don't use so incredible or n1 is for me. n1 took so dayam long...incredible here i come.

i think the driod2 will be a different phone that will probably come out end of the yr i'm assuming.

can we call it "inc"? lol

I'm perfectly happy with my Droid. Which is a good thing, because it will be a year and a half before I upgrade.

But if I were deciding today, I might consider the Incredible. Faster processor, double the internal memory, faster processor. If I could get Swype on it, who needs a hardware keyboard?

But there's no hurry. My next phone will probably be running Android 4.0, with tons more capacity. Maybe a thought sensitive interface. We'll see.

I'm satisfied with the Droid, the physical keyboard being a big deal for me. Plus you can overclock the Droid to 1 ghz anyway if rooted. I most likely will stick with it until the Droid 2 comes out.

only problem with this the incredible is the same thing with the n1..not enough people will buy it therefore not a lot of support. the n1 has a very small community compared to droid/iphone..which is why they are the 2 leading phones...the community. i dont see the incredible getting that kind of support as droid got from vz

i cant imagine how worthless my phone would be w/o DF =]

Just get the best phone out at the time you need one. Don't make yourself wait for the next best one, because there will always be an even better one right after that one. And I don't use the physical keyboard much either but when I want it, it's nice to have it.

Last edited:
Back