Why should anyone use unrEVOked forever?

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
I don't really understand what it does honestly. I recently rooted my phone and i'm trying to everything i can but some thing i just cannot find any explanations for so could someone please explain what unrEVOked forever really does? And why one would use it.

I don't really understand what it does honestly. I recently rooted my phone and i'm trying to everything i can but some thing i just cannot find any explanations for so could someone please explain what unrEVOked forever really does? And why one would use it.

It unlocks your NAND. What this means is that you can modify anything in /system while actually booted up.

For instance, you could use Root Explorer to delete programs out of your /system/app/ folder. Or that you can use MetaMorph now (a theming app).

Oh ok thank you
I guess ill use it since ive already voided my warranty it may come in useful one day

If you keep an eye on the Supreme Court you would know rooting no longer voids your warranty.

I tap to talk.

Wait so can i unrEVOke forever without voiding my warranty now?

If you keep an eye on the Supreme Court you would know rooting no longer voids your warranty.

I tap to talk.

Whoa whoa whoa, that is NOT what it means. It means that it is legal. Manufacturers can decide what voids their warranty.

However, there is a process that you can do to relock (called s-on) and reflash (called RUU) that will bring it back to stock if need be. Voila, warranty no longer void.

Maybe I misunderstood the ruling I was under tbe impression "they" could no longer void warranties for accessing features that the phone was originally designed to do, regardless of what carrier has blocked. I'm not a lawyer just thought I understood. Anyone who knows for sure I would love to know excatly what the ruling means for us.

Maybe I misunderstood the ruling I was under tbe impression "they" could no longer void warranties for accessing features that the phone was originally designed to do, regardless of what carrier has blocked. I'm not a lawyer just thought I understood. Anyone who knows for sure I would love to know excatly what the ruling means for us.

It only effects the legality of jailbreaking/unlocking/rooting. Since your service providers and manufacturers are private corporations, they're still allowed to void your warranty (as stated in your contracts), but they just can't sue you and try to win money.

pxtang is completely correct. This does NOT free us to root and such on the phones. The only thing it does is keeps us from being approached by the manufs. if they find out you're rooted. What WILL happen is your phone will be left for dead should you ever need to take it in for warranty work. but as mentioned above, switching back to rooted is possible.

It sucks, I know, but nothing we can do about it.

Back