Why the Galaxy SIII looks the way it does....

i call complete bs on that whole thing... i mean when i watched this video the first thing i thought was wow, its a damn samsung iphone and thought the hate was going to be about that. one home button and all.

[video=youtube;qrXYDUuMcaE]http://youtu.be/qrXYDUuMcaE[/video]

little did i know, its about touchwiz or something else that i just don't see.

i kinda like the idea of a blue phone, instead of just white and black. but i'll have to see it in person. can't tell much from the videos.

i call complete bs on that whole thing... i mean when i watched this video the first thing i thought was wow, its a damn samsung iphone and thought the hate was going to be about that. one home button and all.

i kinda like the idea of a blue phone, instead of just white and black. but i'll have to see it in person. can't tell much from the videos.

Wow? I dont know its hard for me to comment since I could barely see the screen and basically all 90 seconds was spent filming the look of the phone.

here is a better video to help your argument

[video=youtube;YCR7F6h3q2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCR7F6h3q2c[/video]

isn't filming the look of the phone when talking about it looking like a iphone kinda the point? the top view and side view is what i was talking about

i'll watch yours thou.

Wow? I dont know its hard for me to comment since I could barely see the screen and basically all 90 seconds was spent filming the look of the phone.

here is a better video to help your argument

[video=youtube;YCR7F6h3q2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCR7F6h3q2c[/video]

ummmm they don't compare it next to a iphone at all in this video?

i don't get it.

I think android has evolved enough that we really dont need to compare to the iphone anymore. We have enough successful android devices to compare it to. But in the video pointed some of the things about the gs3 that is a step forward for android using motion sensor technology. This I think will be something that can help continue to propel technology.

i understand your screename....:D

google "patent wars apple samsung", and also "touchwhiz" :icon_eek:

I hate all this methodology of saying a white, square phone looks like the iPhone. Take any one of these Android phones and color it white, it will look very similar to the iPhone. Not because these manufacturers are unoriginal, but because the basic design of phones is just the same. The politics behind all this patent bull crap is ridiculous, in my opinion. Just because Apple was the first to pioneer a square smartphone with a large touchscreen does not mean that every other similar-looking square smartphone with a large touchscreen is copying their design.

Before the days of smartphones, all flip phones looked the same, you could barely tell one brand from the other, but there was not suing over patents and design like there is now. Apple is just way too scared of being dominated by Android, and it has nothing to do with the design of its phones, but the OS itself. Since the OS is original, save for a few manufacturer skins like Touchwiz that had generic square backdrops that ALSO "violate" Apple's patent on, I guess, square icons; Apple has to try and attack the basic, almost universal design of phones. If Apple ever has their way, they will single-handedly cripple the advancement of smartphone technology in a major way. Seeing as the iPhone has basically not integrated anything new at all since it's inception except for...Siri and that's about it.

They're trying to avoid any more patent suits from apple, blame them :D

Perhaps it's just me, but I think white phones look atrocious...give me sleek black any day.

They're trying to avoid any more patent suits from apple, blame them :D

Believe me, I do blame Apple. Completely and utterly. I enjoy their computer products, and even their iPods, but their phone industry severely ticks me off. They appear so childish to me with all these patent lawsuits all over the place. Money and greed runs the world though.

syndicate0017 said:
Perhaps it's just me, but I think white phones look atrocious...give me sleek black any day.

this I at least understand. You only buy black phones and the phone comes in a different color.

most logical reason I've seen posted so far.

well maybe only if you hate cases or they don't sell a black case that covers the small blue border.

this I at least understand. You only buy black phones and the phone comes in a different color.

most logical reason I've seen posted so far.

well maybe only if you hate cases or they don't sell a black case that covers the small blue border.

LOL. Aren't you clever? I actually don't like cases but I appreciate the condescending sarcasm. :)

so the reports from the hands on of the htc one X are that sense has killed multi tasking. and a few other smaller issues.

always worth waiting to see the phone in person for yourself before jumping on one band Wagon over another. The so called great looking sense has broken one of the core reasons to own a android phone over apple. let's see if touch wiz does the same...

or we could just run one of good ics based launchers, disable the apps you don't like and have a very stock feeling sg3 without rooting.

even thou I'd root either one if I had them, and load a nice rom. which I have done with my nexus as well, so none of the stock os crap really matters at all.

Back