WidgetLocker Help?

MonKENy

Reaction score
I am trying to use widgetlocker and and having a hard time of it. I cant get any of the mods to show up.I tried using both apk manager and ADB but the problem is im so new to everything im not sure im even getting ADB to work right.

Is there anyway someone could help walk me through like I am a child?

I know its annoying but at least im trying to learn right?

Thanks in advance!

you are trying the mods to change the sliders and whatnot correct?

here is what i just did.

use Root explorer to copy the widgetlocker.apk from data/app folder.
paste it onto your SD card somewhere.
use Astro file manager, tap on the WL.apk on the SD card (the one you copied out)
browse file
go to res/drawable-hdpi and scroll down to the images you want to change. sense-slider and iphone-slider and iphone-lock screen (which ever one you are wanting to change) should then be deleted.
then, navigate to the images you are going to use to replace the original ones. either longpress the image, edit, copy, or if you are changing multiple images, select the multi icon at the top, tap the ones you are wanting to use, and hit the copy button at the top.
no navigate to the WL.apk you copied over
browse file
go to res/drawable-hdpi and past your images in here. should have a pop-up showing the progress of the paste action.

once this is done, you have a modified version of WL.
now to get it to work is just a few steps.

use Root explorer to go into data/app and delete the widgetlocker.apk
then use root explorer to go to the modded WL.apk, copy it.
navigate to SYSTEM/app folder, hit the 'mount r/w" button in the upper right corner, (it will change to "mount r/o")
paste the widgetlocker.apk into that folder. make sure you are in SYSTEM/app and NOT data app...i learned this the hard way. it will not work if you are pasting into data/app.
longpress the new widgetlocker.apk,select "permissions" and chang them to look like this
936huv1b.jpg

once you do that, you can reboot your phone, and your new modded WL should be working like a charm. i JUST did this a couple days ago and had no problems.

Last edited:
I cant keep buying apps to do this stuff. Ive already spent more than I should on things.

I didnt root my phone so I could buy apps to do the stuff im doing. I Rooted so I could learn how to do it with out apps.

I Do appreciate the help but Im looking for help doing it with apk or adb. Thanks a ton for trying though!

The easiest way is to use ninjamorph (free) and root explorer(paid). Root explorer is a must have app for rooted users IMO.

I cant imagine that root explorer does anything that I cant do with adb or apk.

I dont want the "easy" way to do things I want to learn the hard way so I can have more control over everything. I cant believe that there arnt any hardcore ppl on here willing to teach me.

Ninjamorph isn't for newbs if you want a hard way to do it. You will extract the widget locker apk edit the pngs, recompile, move it from data/apps to system/apps and reboot.

Ninjamorph isn't for newbs if you want a hard way to do it. You will extract the widget locker apk edit the pngs, recompile, move it from data/apps to system/apps and reboot.

This couldn't be more right.. Dabble around in Ninjamorph for a while and see how "easy" it is.. I have wanted to slam a 500 dollar phone down a few times messing with it.. :icon_evil:

However, once you get the hang of it the app is very beneficial...

Don't want to pay for anymore apps? How else do you expect to get apps? You're lucky you don't have an iPhone you'd be paying through the nose. ;)

I dont really plan on getting more apps. Thats why i want to do things a different way. If i can learn to do this manually i wont need the apps.

rolling along on the wheels of x'dom

but think about it this way. you are supporting the people that make what you are trying to do easy. they spend a lot of time getting these apps across to us. I mean a 2 dollar app is a minimal fee for the EASY way to do it. But on another note you can always find a app in the market that does almost the same thing for free. but from my stand point i think we should support the devs because the work there A$$'$ of to make stable Quality apps for us to use.

Im sorry but thats one of the stupidest things ive heard.

I honestly dont give a crap about supporting someone to make something I dont want them too do so OTHER people can have it easier. Thats like saying I should buy a video game I have no intrest in so the developer can make more for other people...

Or I should pay someone to change my oil so they can then change other peoples oil.

I dont WANT to have someone do something for me that I can learn. I DONT WANT the easy way out. Thats why so many americans are fat and stupid..they take the paid easy app way out of everything.

I have said several times in this thread im looking for someone to help me learn to do something without an app...why does everyone keep trying to spend my money and force apps on me.

Tell you what..you guys want to support the dev so much and want me to use the apps so much please feel free to buy them for me. I will be more than happy to use them at that point.

Im not trying to be a jerk I just cant stand ignorance.

Also Turdbolgs Im gonna give your way a shot I guess just with a different file manager tool. Since no one can seem to help me find a way to get to the data/app folder any other way.

Last edited:

I honestly dont give a crap about supporting someone to make something I dont want them too do so OTHER people can have it easier. Thats like saying I should buy a video game I have no intrest in so the developer can make more for other people...

Or I should pay someone to change my oil so they can then change other peoples oil.

I dont WANT to have someone do something for me that I can learn. I DONT WANT the easy way out. Thats why so many americans are fat and stupid..they take the paid easy app way out of everything.

I have said several times in this thread im looking for someone to help me learn to do something without an app...why does everyone keep trying to spend my money and force apps on me.

Tell you what..you guys want to support the dev so much and want me to use the apps so much please feel free to buy them for me. I will be more than happy to use them at that point.

Also Turdbolgs Im gonna give your way a shot I guess just with a different file manager tool. Since no one can seem to help me find a way to get to the data/app folder any other way.

Man, I hope learning how to do it yourself works out for you. If I had been one of the members to offer you advice, by this point I'd be saying just that... " FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF! "

You don't want to pay for something that you can learn to do? Great! Me neither. ( For me, it's about the adventure of learning how to do it, not the $1.99 it may cost for an app. If I can't afford an app for a couple of bucks I shouldn't have a phone this costly in the first place! )

But you have balked at EVERY post on this thread that has tried to offer you help. Even going as far as to call people 'Ignorant'. Shame on you!!

99.9% of the members on this site are friendly, smart, helpful, and gracious. The rest... Well, not so much. You ( IMHO ) - .1% !!! What you need to LEARN is how to be cracious and considerate of others' opinions. Especially those who are trying to HELP YOU!!!!

EDIT!--- MonKENy. I just checked and there doesn't appear to be an app for MANNERS and BEING POLITE! This is great news for you. It's one more thing that you can LEARN TO DO YOURSELF!!!

Last edited:
No need to start insulting people man I was just saying supporting the devs is a good thing... I was not saying u have to do anything it just makes it easy and gives u a smaller chance of messing up your phone... I'm not ignorant I'm just not cheap when it comes to quality!
PS also not everyone has the time to DO IT YOURSELF. I wish I did have the time to do that but as much as I change the way my phone looks I would be in front of my comp all the time. So that does NOT make me ignorant. Thanks : )

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!

Man, I hope learning how to do it yourself works out for you. If I had been one of the members to offer you advice, by this point I'd be saying just that... " FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF! "

You don't want to pay for something that you can learn to do? Great! Me neither. ( For me, it's about the adventure of learning how to do it, not the $1.99 it may cost for an app. If I can't afford and app for a couple of bucks I shouldn't have a phone this costly in the first place! )

But you have balked at EVERY post on this thread that has tried to offer you help. Even going as far as to call people 'Ignorant'. Shame on you!!

99.9% of the members on this site are friendly, smart, helpful, and gracious. The rest... Well, not so much. You ( IMHO ) - .1% !!! What you need to LEARN is how to be cracious and considerate of others' opinions. Especially those who are trying to HELP YOU!!!!
Thank you we were just trying to help you. But I'm going to say GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!

Back