Wifi problem...

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
First off I hope this issue has not been covered already. I looked a bit but I don't want to dig forever.

Second I am not sure the best way to explain this but I will do my best.

Every since I got this phone when I am on the Wifi I get a loss of Internet every now and then.

It is completely random and makes no sense at all. It has nothing to do with the screen timing out or waking up.

Let me give a couple examples. I will be surfing this site and everything will be going great. Then for no reason I will get the refreshing deal and it will hang for a long time or I will get a messages saying that Tapatalk was not able to access the forum.

Also it happens a lot in Pandora. I will be listening and then all the sudden it will be unable to connect.

Same with the web browser and just about anything else that accesses the Internet.

Now this only usually lasts maybe 20 to 45 seconds. Then everything is fine again.

Also the Wifi symbol stays on the notification bar as if nothing is wrong.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Also, not sure if it matters or not. My Nexus is running on wireless G instead of N.

We have a mixture of devices around the house and half of them still use G and my router won't do both.

I am going to fix this later by setting up an old router for those items stuck with G to allow the use of N for the devices that can.

I am now on the N side of the router, hope this helps

Sounds like your IP reservation is timing out. Try turning off DHCP on the router and assign all your devices static IPs.

It seems that the problem was that I was connecting with the WPS button on the router instead of connecting manually by inputting the pass code.

It is working great now.

Those buttons really are a nightmare. They never work correctly and just confuse end users. That and the cisco "install CD" that comes with their newer home devices.

Last edited:
Back