Windows USB connection freakout

couldbeonthemoon

Reaction score
Just a day or two ago (no software updates on either end) my Incredible 2 started causing some major freaking out every time I connected it via USB to my Windows 7 laptop. It repeatedly mounts and then quickly unmounts the Verizon driver partition that it thinks is a CD, and refuses to talk to the phone otherwise- it won't mount it as a disk drive. The HTC Sync software also won't recognize the phone, though I never used it before so I'm not sure if that's a new development. Any suggestions?

Thanks! This has been driving my crazy

First, welcome to the forum!

Does this happen if you try another PC or another USB cable? It could be the cable, the PC or the connector on the phone. It seems like a physical connection issue based on your description, however it could still be software related. I would try another PC and cable first. Your next option would be a factory reset to see if it is software, but you would lose everything on the phone. If it still doesn't work after a factory reset then it is definitely the connection in the phone and you will likely need a replacement.

Back