Wireless Teather vs 3g hotspot vs barnacle

krazzyjman

Reaction score
I have all 3 and I was wondering which is the best to use? I just downloaded barnacle and haven't used it yet. The teather I felt would lose connection at times. 3g I only used a little. I want to know which has the best combination of both speed and reliability.
Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

The 3G Hotspot app from Verizon would be the common sense best choice, seeing as it comes from Verizon. But people have their personal preferences.

I myself prefer the 3G Hotspot app not only because it is from Verizon, but also because it allows infrastructure connection rather than ad-hoc.

The only problem I have with that us you have to pay for it. I don't know if I really have the money.

I have all 3 and I was wondering which is the best to use? I just downloaded barnacle and haven't used it yet. The teather I felt would lose connection at times. 3g I only used a little. I want to know which has the best combination of both speed and reliability.
Thanks!

I use Wireless Tether, it's free and I have found it reliable.

The 3G Hotspot app from Verizon would be the common sense best choice, seeing as it comes from Verizon. But people have their personal preferences.

I myself prefer the 3G Hotspot app not only because it is from Verizon, but also because it allows infrastructure connection rather than ad-hoc.

After the update WT uses infrastructure (I'm 95% sure)

Well there is a hack released by TBH available for the Droid2, X, and compatible with the D2G that lets you use the Verizon app free of charge. You can find the sticky at the top of the Droid 2 Hacks section.

Back