Would you take any other phone?

gmen1818

Reaction score
I got my upgrade a month ago and I finally got my gnex. So far I love it! Would you guys make any other choice?

I got my upgrade a month ago and I finally got my gnex. So far I love it! Would you guys make any other choice?

This is totally personal preference, as there were many that chose various other devices over the GN to begin with. If I were to be given any other device on Verizon, I don't think I would be as happy as I am with my GNex. Hypothetically if another carrier were to have decent coverage in my area, I think I could manage to think of a device that would make me happy perhaps, perhaps an SGS3.

cupfulloflol said:
This is totally personal preference, as there were many that chose various other devices over the GN to begin with. If I were to be given any other device on Verizon, I don't think I would be as happy as I am with my GNex. Hypothetically if another carrier were to have decent coverage in my area, I think I could manage to think of a device that would make me happy perhaps, perhaps an SGS3.

That phone is coming to verizon

That phone is coming to verizon

Yes but with a locked bootloader. Every other version is more forgiving to the rooters. As a fan of rooting and custom ROMs/recoveries/kernels .... a potentially locked down device may not make me happy. I have never owned a locked down device, and honestly I kinda hope I don't ever have to. Could I live with one? Sure, stock isn't that bad in most cases. But I don't know if I would like it as much as I do the openness that is something like the Nexus.

I switch back and forth between my gnex and a droid razr. Both have good and bad points. Now that both are on 4.04 it would be hard to choose. Though if I am going somewhere the signal is not good it's the razr hands done.

Yes but with a locked bootloader. Every other version is more forgiving to the rooters. As a fan of rooting and custom ROMs/recoveries/kernels .... a potentially locked down device may not make me happy. I have never owned a locked down device, and honestly I kinda hope I don't ever have to. Could I live with one? Sure, stock isn't that bad in most cases. But I don't know if I would like it as much as I do the openness that is something like the Nexus.

Who says its bootloader will be any different??? Its the exact same phone every other us carrier is getting besides the radios...

Nope and I have absolutely no regrets since day 1. Over time this phone has gotten better as the dev community got better with their support for the Nexus. This is absolutely my favorite phone I've ever owned and so far the newer phones that have released do not impress me at all. Ok wrong they do impress me, but they will never replace my Nexus. And being on this JB rom makes me love this phone all over again, tell me another phone that has JB:p

I'm a Nexus man all the way. The 15th is our 7th month aniversay and I'm still very much in love! :biggrin:

I have only had my Nexus for 5 days and I can't begin to to explain just how happy I am. I will be using this phone for at least 18 months so I am glad it's such an awesome phone.

Now if jellybean will hurry the flip up! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have only had my Nexus for 5 days and I can't begin to to explain just how happy I am. I will be using this phone for at least 18 months so I am glad it's such an awesome phone.

Now if jellybean will hurry the flip up! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We'll have to get you a shirt "in before the ban"! :D

Back