Wow

lawdawg19

Reaction score
Holy crap batman, as a guy who just upgraded from a NV3 to the Droid, feeling a bit overwhelmed here. Don't have my new phone in hand yet (should be here in a day or so). I'm hoping all this will make sense once I can get hands on with it!!

Holy crap batman, as a guy who just upgraded from a NV3 to the Droid, feeling a bit overwhelmed here. Don't have my new phone in hand yet (should be here in a day or so). I'm hoping all this will make sense once I can get hands on with it!!
alot of the complicated stuff on this site is done by users choice. with that said the droid looks scary but you will have it down in no time.

oh and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Welcome to the Droid Forum. Some of the things these guys do with their Droid scares me too, and when it does I don't do them. The thing is that even if you don't do any of that stuff the Droid is a great smart phone.

That's not to say there won't be a learning curve. I'd say 90% of the complaints that I see in this forum are probably user error. But if you take the time to get to know the Droid and understand how and why it's different then other phones, you should be able to get it. I remember the first day just sitting there looking at it, coming from a Blackberry, and not knowing what to do with it. But with the help of this forum I got it (eventually) and before you know it you're a moderator in the forum. :)

Have fun learning and keep in mind you have about 50,000 friends in this forum to help you out.;)

Welcome to the Droid Forum. Some of the things these guys do with their Droid scares me too, and when it does I don't do them. The thing is that even if you don't do any of that stuff the Droid is a great smart phone.

That's not to say there won't be a learning curve. I'd say 90% of the complaints that I see in this forum are probably user error. But if you take the time to get to know the Droid and understand how and why it's different then other phones, you should be able to get it. I remember the first day just sitting there looking at it, coming from a Blackberry, and not knowing what to do with it. But with the help of this forum I got it (eventually) and before you know it you're a moderator in the forum. :)

Have fun learning and keep in mind you have about 50,000 friends in this forum to help you out.;)

Uh, Hook, that's 60,728 friends... :D Welcome, lawdawg19! You've made a wise decision and you won't be disappointed in your choice when that Droid finally arrives! The possibilities are endless for customization. So to take up some time, read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Hope your new toy arrives SOON! Enjoy! :welcome:

Welcome. I know how you and others do it. If I dropped the dime on a new toy like the droid, I'd want to be walking out the store with it in my hot little hands.

Have fun! I know you will.

Back