X or 2

wooddale

Reaction score
I want to root either an X or D2 what is the difference between the two beside bigger screen better camera can you do as much with arooted D2 as an X. I kinda like the keyboard on the D2 Im not big on pics or music for that matter Thanks Larry

Well both are great phones. I upgraded to the X from the original droid. I like being able to pretty much do what I need for work and personall life. I watch movies on my x when I have time to kill. I thought it would take alot longer go get use to not having a keyboard but that was not the case.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thanks mrtoto I also have an X but I really want to root and dont want to take a chance with my x I kinda want something that I can experement with plus I like the way the D2 looks curious about keyboard so as far as the basic things I should be able to do as much with the D2 as the X at least for what I want (Experimenting)' Larry

Im not sure about the d2 but the x has an sbf file out there now so if something goes wrong you can reflash it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

There is also an sbf for the D2. You are safe no matter what you do.

So ya mean you cant brick your phone thats why Im scared to do it

If you screw up your phone you are always able to flash back to stock.

I've already had to do it myself.

Did you root yours? My whole reason for doing this is to get that wifi hot spot for my plac e in wisconsin and also for meetings around here Juast easier than tethering with a cable

The X has a bigger community and more developers. D2 only has a handful of people. If you want all the fancy stuff asap, then get an X

Did you root yours? My whole reason for doing this is to get that wifi hot spot for my plac e in wisconsin and also for meetings around here Juast easier than tethering with a cable

Yes I am rooted and also have wi fi tether installed. It is very easy to root (one click). And wi fi tether is just loading the app! You would be safe.

Last edited:
basically the boot loader for both these phones are still locked the boot loader is what will help you if you do something wrong so if something ever goes wrong u hold up or x and flash an sbf and it will be like u just turned on ur phone for the first time so as of right now these phones are almost unbrickable

Back