Yahoo Email App Question

trackman1

Reaction score
I transfered a wav file from my pc to the yahoo folder on my phone.....but it did not show up as an option ringtone in settings that i can select.... just the ones that the app had...like default yahoo etc...

any ideas what i can do??

thanks

You'll need to drop the file into the ringtones folder which can be found in the media folder, iirc.

thanks I put it in the ringtones folder and ..it still did not show...I also did not see a media folder iirc...I just put it in the Ringtones folder....

Last edited:
I think i found the system media folder using explorer, but i dont know how to transfer the file there....when I am connected to the phone with usb...it does not show the system folder.....how can i get the file to that folder????

Thanks

ok i fugured how to transfer the file using solid explorer...but when i tried to move the wav file to the folder it would not take and go to the folder..any ideas why???

Thanks i tried that but got same error.....could it be I am transferring a .wav file to that folder...I noticed the files there are .ogg???

What error does it give?

It could be because of the file type, but normally it would be able to transfer in and then not show up on the menu.

it just gives me file ...operation error.....I cannot see that system media folder just looking from my laptop connected my phone...

Last edited:
just a thought...would it be possible if i renamed the .wav file to .ogg.....would that work???

It's not as simple as just renaming it, you'd have to convert it.

I don't think a .wav would prevent you from playing it as a ringtone. All of mine have been .mp3s, but as a test I converted a ringtone to both mp3 and wav. Both worked for me.

There should be 3 folders on your root of your sdcard for sounds Ringtones, Notifications, and Alarms. If you want to add ringtones, put things in the /sdcard/Ringtones/ folder. In this case you don't want a ringtone, you want notifications. Put the .wav in /sdcard/Notifications/ and then try selecting the notification tone again.

I don't think a .wav would prevent you from playing it as a ringtone. All of mine have been .mp3s, but as a test I converted a ringtone to both mp3 and wav. Both worked for me.

There should be 3 folders on your root of your sdcard for sounds Ringtones, Notifications, and Alarms. If you want to add ringtones, put things in the /sdcard/Ringtones/ folder. In this case you don't want a ringtone, you want notifications. Put the .wav in /sdcard/Notifications/ and then try selecting the notification tone again.
PMd him mentioning that, we'll see if it works.

ok i put the file in the sdcard/notifications folder...but it did not show up as an option for yahoo mail sounds

Back