Yeah... that would be "HELP"!!

Roswell57

Reaction score
So my Droid X has been rooted for months... and was running all the "required" root programs... So I decided to take the plunge today, and download a new rom... it was a "Gingerbread" clone... I followed all the steps that the instructions required... Stuck on the "M", everytime I booted into recovery mode, it would not access the SD card or the "clockwork" (I think that's what it was called) recovery program.... Bottom line, I can even get the zip file off the net to revert back to 2.1... So tell me did I just "brick" my Droid?? email: [email protected]
P.S. Yeah I'm need to the board here as well.... I hope that someone has some idea's for me...

Thanks

I tried a few other things that I found on the "help sites".... no luck!

One thing that might work name the file update.zip maybe? (Someone correct me might just be update) and then go into stock recovery (if you have questions ask) and click apply update zip. Should work by theory never tried it. Thought I'd help.

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

Im sure it's not bricked, that's pretty hard to do I think. You may have to end up sbf flashing it to get it working again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

You bootlooped it. So essentially, yeah its bricked. You need to sbf with rsd lite. I can't post links(forum rule) but there are plenty of tuts with links.

When you go to gingerbread next time, use a well known Dev's version. (p3droid) it is less likely to screw your phone up

You bootlooped it. So essentially, yeah its bricked. You need to sbf with rsd lite. I can't post links(forum rule) but there are plenty of tuts with links.

When you go to gingerbread next time, use a well known Dev's version. (p3droid) it is less likely to screw your phone up

Just saying, its soft-bricked not bricked. Bricked is when you have a $500+ paperweight because you can't even get to the bootloader screen.

+1 on using well known dev's work. At the very least check over the comments first to make sure nothings wrong.

Sent from a D2G running my rom

Get into the stock restore menu (I think its the down button on the volume rocker and the home button at boot) and do a factory wipe. You should be able to SBF too. I think thats the down button and the shutter button. Its been a while since I SBF'd. There are many tutorials on how to SBF too, just read around. But try a factory reset and that shoudl hopefully stop the boot loop.

Back