Yo!!

Eugeni0us

Reaction score
Should I install the gingerbread with root leak and then flash. 595 or should I just stay stock froyo? Help me out I have been on the leak before and I liked it but launcher pro wouldn't act right.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

i am currently on the leaked gingerbread 595 rooted/deodexed and i think it's way better than froyo. the thing is you cant go from froyo to 595. there is a specific path you have to follow in order to get to 595 and not be stuck in a boot loop. if i were you i would go to My Droid World and read the thread over there as it gives a very detailed explanation of what you have to do. basically you have to start on froyo rooted then flash 3 files in a specific order, that puts you on 588 rooted, from there you can flash 595 rooted and deodexed, thats the path i took and all is very well with my phone. hope this helps

edit: my understanding is that once you do this you will not receive the official ota gingerbread which is 596. if you ever want to take the ota you can still sbf back to froyo from 595. i don't believe 596 is rootable as of yet. i chose 595 rooted because i can always sbf back to froyo if anything bad should happen and then take the ota once that gets rooted.

Last edited:
Back