you tube and 4g

andeejo

Reaction score
I'm not a big you tube user, but I just tried to watch a video and it wouldn't load. I remember reading a thread where for some people could only watch it in 3g. Sure enough I can watch it in 3g. I'm curious if anyone knows why this is? I just always stay on 4g. Kind of a pain to switch. I just updated my adobe flash player, could this be the cause? Also, could someone recommend a good 3g to 4g shortcut? Always appreciate your help! Running stock here.

I was having streaming video issues too. I did a restart and like magic, problem fixed. :)

I'm not a big you tube user, but I just tried to watch a video and it wouldn't load. I remember reading a thread where for some people could only watch it in 3g. Sure enough I can watch it in 3g. I'm curious if anyone knows why this is? I just always stay on 4g. Kind of a pain to switch. I just updated my adobe flash player, could this be the cause? Also, could someone recommend a good 3g to 4g shortcut? Always appreciate your help! Running stock here.

Your best bet is an app like LTE switch. I watch youtube vids on LTE all the time with no issue(Philadelphia area, almost fully saturated with LTE). Maybe LTE isn't fully available where you were at the time...??

I know this is off topic but Seeing it in the signature reminded me of the ICS without rooting. Does doing that wipe your phoe or does it leave everything on there that you previously had like pics and so forth?

I have a thunderbolt and YouTube don't work on mine works only on 3g or wifi don't know why but it sucks

I know this is off topic but Seeing it in the signature reminded me of the ICS without rooting. Does doing that wipe your phoe or does it leave everything on there that you previously had like pics and so forth?

Running an RUU wipes everything except your internal/external SD cards.

I also live in a big LTE area. Never have problems with 4g. Until now haha. Tried batt pull and the usual. It's not that big of a deal, I just get curious when things work and then all of a sudden don't. I have learned a lot on this forum so I thought there could be some answers out there. I mentioned the Adobe player update cause in the market people were saying they lost video play after update, but I did try uninstalling it and that didn't work.

Are you guys having a problem with youtube via the app or the browser? I just tried both sitting on 4G and had no problems. I'm running the 605.22 ICS leak.

For me it is the app and the browser. Also, it does not work on Wifi. Cmon Mr smith, you know everything! Lol. I'm trying to remember if there was a recent you tube update.

For me it is the app and the browser. Also, it does not work on Wifi. Cmon Mr smith, you know everything! Lol. I'm trying to remember if there was a recent you tube update.

LOL so no youtube for you..?? If it doesn't work on LTE/Wifi but does on 3G, I'd say there's something wrong with your phone lol. Try clearing data on the youtube app. If you're rooted, uninstall it and re-install it from the market.

My Rezound is on stock 2.3.4
I can confirm 100% youtube works on 3g, 4g, & wifi
I also use tubemate to pull what full episodes are available from shows I like while on 3g,4g & wifi with no issues
I'm in tampa where 4g is widely available however the device does go to 3g on it's own sometimes and when I'm home I sometimes go on wifi but again there
are no issues using youtube whatsoever
I'd recommend uninstalling any updates or instaling updates available for the youtube app and worse case scenario you could pull an apk from a google search
and install that

I have tried uninstalling updates. I can watch other videos like news and sports plays. So far it is just the you tube app and browser. Verizon thinks a master reset will fix it or they will send a new one. Hell no! I will just switch to 3g for you tube. I downloaded the LTE onoff app. It was confusing at first cause it says its for the thunderbolt but it works good on rezound too. If I was a big you tube user then I would reconsider. I have read about this problem before, so I know its not a new thing. But I dont recall reading if there was a fix other than reset.

Back