Youtube app disappeared after rooting my droid!

edwinjherrera

Reaction score
I flashed my motorola droid to metropcs and now the youtube app dissapeared. If I go to youtube.com on my phone's browser and try to play a video I get this message: "Webpage not available". Is there a way to install this app without loosing my metropcs configuration???
Any help would be appreciated!

-Motorola Droid-
Carrier: MetroPCS
Firmware version: 2.1 (ESE 53)
Baseband Version: C_01.3E03P
Kernel Version 2.6.29-omap1-g1c56172-dirty
Build number: Smoked Glass v6.0

MetroPCS? Is this a special rom so you can operate on their network? I'm confused.

Is Youtube the only thing thats missing because some developers leave certain apps out to give you more space.

Well, I took it to my friends phone shop and he flashed it for me, so I really don't know what rom he used.
Some of the stock applications are missing (youtube, mail,mp3 amazon). All I really need is youtube to play videos. I just downloaded VideoBox from the market and I'm able to stream youtube videos through that app but not directly from the browser like I used to when the phone was not rooted/flashed.

Help help help, must play youtubeeeeeeeee :(((

1. I'm having this same problem PLEASE HELP!!!

make a nandroid backup of your current setup. then go find whatever rom you wanna flash, i recommend pete's BB V0.4, wipe your data and cache then install his rom. the youtube.apk comes with it so it should show up :)

make a nandroid backup of your current setup. then go find whatever rom you wanna flash, i recommend pete's BB V0.4, wipe your data and cache then install his rom. the youtube.apk comes with it so it should show up :)

First off, I want to thank you for your help. But I have no idea how to do this and who pete is. Is there a way you can give me step by step instructions? I'll skype, aim, text or whatever. I'm just not tech saavy whatsoever.

Back