1:30 pm and phone under 10%. App + 4G?

yesdog99

Reaction score
So I got my TB the day after it came out. Phone battery not great but usually lasts me til bedtime with regular use (for me).
Today my battery is about dead and for the first time I notice I am in a 4G area at work (yes I posted about 4g in tech thread) but just learned that I could see what was using my battery today while reading threads here.. I never had to wonder that before since it lasted.

So 60% said it was used by the "My Fitness Pal" app. I have had this app for over 3 weeks and never had my battery drain and have not changed any settings. So I opened the app and chose "force close". Does that stop the app from running until I use it again? I don't know what that app could be doing. It just logs calories etc. Since it hit "force close" it now says it's used 50%. Next highest is display at 19% and I hadn't even looked at my phone but one time all day for 30 seconds. Other things are all low...

Anyway, is this coincidence that this is first 4G day and my battery is now dead? I used to bring my charger to work because I heard of battery complaints but I stopped since it was fine!

Not a phone expert, obviously, so just looking for some input/advice on why this would happen all of a sudden. I have no task killers on my phone, low backlight, syncs are limited.

Reaction score
So I got my TB the day after it came out. Phone battery not great but usually lasts me til bedtime with regular use (for me).
Today my battery is about dead and for the first time I notice I am in a 4G area at work (yes I posted about 4g in tech thread) but just learned that I could see what was using my battery today while reading threads here.. I never had to wonder that before since it lasted.

So 60% said it was used by the "My Fitness Pal" app. I have had this app for over 3 weeks and never had my battery drain and have not changed any settings. So I opened the app and chose "force close". Does that stop the app from running until I use it again? I don't know what that app could be doing. It just logs calories etc. Since it hit "force close" it now says it's used 50%. Next highest is display at 19% and I hadn't even looked at my phone but one time all day for 30 seconds. Other things are all low...

Anyway, is this coincidence that this is first 4G day and my battery is now dead? I used to bring my charger to work because I heard of battery complaints but I stopped since it was fine!

Not a phone expert, obviously, so just looking for some input/advice on why this would happen all of a sudden. I have no task killers on my phone, low backlight, syncs are limited.

When you "force close" applications you are stopping it from running completely until it syncs or you re-open the app, no it is not coincidence, your battery is being calibrated meaning that it is new and is getting used to your personal amount of usage, to optimize it better charge your phone up to 100% and then don't charge it till it dies, do this three times and your battery will get more use to your usage, making it slightly longer, you can manage your running apps and services by pressing menu>settings>applications>and the either running services or manage applications, from either you can stop your apps from running in the background and draining your battery, the 60% u saw was showing that your calorie app was using 60% of the current battery life so when you force closed it that percent went down because the app was shut down and no longer using your battery

sent from the hands of Thor

Last edited: