1 person cant call me

Shelooga

Reaction score
verizon doesnt know, their tech team doesnt know, their engineers have come up empty. so im turning to my most trusted place to find droid info...
my issue is this:
i can receive calls. i can make calls. everyone i know (-1) can call me with no problems. EXCEPT my girlfriend. when she calls it rings once on her end but goes directly to v/m. i can call her no problem. she can call anyone else no problem. i can call anyone else no problem. just her calling me doesnt work.

and i know theres a setting to send her right to v/m, but i dont have this checked. in fact, i did check it, and it sends her there before it rings. whats funny is 'verizons engineers' were working on my issue for 3 days then called me with an idea; to change this setting. awful

why do i feel like i could become the president of their engineers?

anyway, its a problem. i am worried if there is an emergency... who knows. no problem with texts, pic messages etc. just her calling me. any ideas from all you geniuses?

bl42ed0

Reaction score
Check the setup for her contact in your phone. There is an option to send contact directly to voicemail. Check if you accidentally enabled that option.

Edit: lol nvm didn't read your whole post sorry... did you try using a different phone to see if you still have the issue? That way you can tell is its the phone or Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Darkseider

Reaction score
You make it sound like your girlfriend not being able to call you is a BAD thing. :)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try removing contact from gmail account and then re adding it under diffrent name.. i had a problem one of my friends said same thing to me his calls went straight to VM.. i did this and it fixed it dunno why though

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score
Re-add her as "Honey Bunny" or something
:icon_ rofl::icon_ laughup:

im gonna get beat up for this... but shes already in as Jessica Rabbit

tried the deleting contacts, ditto for her, were both on verizon.

it makes no sense. but verizon better credit our accounts or something. maybe toss me an incredible with froyo on it:)

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score
you make it sound like your girlfriend not being able to call you is a bad thing. :)
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

oh and believe me theres been times im playing nhl or fifa when i know she would normally call and i thank god.

but that other 1% of the time i want her to be able to thats the problem.
lol, the first verizon guy i told about it said, 'are you guys fighting'

Darkseider

Reaction score

it makes no sense. but verizon better credit our accounts or something. maybe toss me an incredible with froyo on it:)

Jessica Rabbit? You admitted to this publicly? Wow, brave soul. I guess it begs the question...

Does she play paddy cake? :rofl3:

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score

Jessica Rabbit? You admitted to this publicly? Wow, brave soul. I guess it begs the question...

Does she play paddy cake? :rofl3:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

have you tried activating a new phone (like your old one) and see if she can call you then?? if so then i say problem with the droid.. take it back and get another

Seagrass

Reaction score
Hi
I have exatly the same problem. My son can't call me buta everybody else. I can call him.
When he calls me he only hear beeps. Nothing happens on my phon. After a while I can see the call in the logg . Blue cirkle with an A. Call Abrupted I think.
I have deleted the contact.
I have switched my sim tanother phone(Iphone). No problem he can call me.
I have called the Operator No problem on there side.
Seems to be my samsung Galaxy S3.
Puhh Help me?