2.3.4 rooting question

Adarandah

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a new HTC user and am having some problems with the unrevoked tool. I have followed the instructions on http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...194063-how-root-droid-incredible-2-3-4-a.html and I keep getting the error saying that it failed to root and asks if my firmware is to new. I have no idea what I am doing wrong but it will not root the 2.3.4 I currently have and I can't find anywhere how to either redo back to 2.2 so I can root and turn my phone to s-off. Still don't know what that means though but ive seen it places and figure its important. Any help would be very welcomed. Thank you.

S-off means security is off.

I have HTC inc. I rooted it back when latest version was 2.2 and I installed CM7 7.1 and had that for awhile. It ran great.
I recently decided to switch to latest OTA of gingerbread 2.3.4. It installed fine and is running good. I still have S-OFF because I used unrevoked forever when I rooted. The latest version off unrevoked can't give me super user and I found thread that said that older version of unrevoked will give me root again.
Can anyone direct me where I could get the older version?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

I can post the link in a little bit to where I have gotten it before or will try to include it in a post when I get to a computer

Ok, looking forward to the link.

My problem is I need the mini-adb_inc.zip file and I can't find download that works.

I have two for sale. 2.2. Not rooted. Factory reset.perfect condition. Great phone, just had upgrades available.

After u go through the process I was still not quite rooted. I had to flash latest version of clockwork recovery and then flash latest version of super user and then I was rooted properly.

About Droid Incredible

After u go through the process I was still not quite rooted. I had to flash latest version of clockwork recovery and then flash latest version of super user and then I was rooted properly.

Ive Been Trying To root my droid incredible for months now and no luck i get about half way
and it says permission denied is there something im missing or doing wrong

Back