2 major announcements

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Just an update to all, after locking the ADW in the system memory Redraws have stopped completely for almost 24 hours. I wish i would tried it awhile ago but the problem is gone.
My phone is faster, stable and smooth right now.

snowbunny

Reaction score
I really have no issues with this ROM and other than the small formentioned bugs, this Rom has always rocked for me on my Droid1. So whatever you do or have done to v2.0 I sure hope that Sourcery keeps it integrity. I have seen some Roms try to improve on what they had only to make thing worst somewhere else. I know you guys have put a lot of effort and work into Sourcery and it is by far the best one out there. Anyways keep it up as I know you will. And be on the lookout for donations to come your way. I challange everyone who uses this rom to send at least one dollar to you guys (5 would be better), hell if everyone did that you could be millionaires or at least thousandaires. Spread the word..........take the challange.

Challenge also accepted i sent a few dollars a few weeks back and plan to again soon i hope others do the same they're doing a great job and are extremely helpful

kratos

Reaction score
I've tested with stock, handcent, and just recently chomp. I typically use handcent, but this happens on all of them.

I just talked to a guy who said he had this happen to him after flashing different roms. He said he sbf'd, rerooted and started all over. I think this is going to be my next step to try to fix it.

Unless, someone has other ideas.

Kratos

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
sorry man

i just dont have any idea i have never seen it happen just not sure what would cause it i could see older mesages dropping off but not newer ones. wierd

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's happened to me before and this is how i fixed it. First off how many messages do u have in ur inbox i know when my gets pretty full it starts happening as well as when i have no space in my data my advice would be to delete some apps to free up some memory or delete ur inbox if u have a lot but deleting a few apps to free up data usually takes care of it for me. The droid rejects new messages sometimes if u don't have much space.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
saw 11 posts and thought geez i hadnt seen that many bugs :)
ok all of this stuff has been addressed.

regarding the redraws. yeah the droid has crud memory so if you have a lot of apps there just isnt much way around it in adw you can put it in to stay in memory.

that script thing may not work on versions prior to 2.0 because noone would give me all the details on how to get scripts to run at boot up we never got it working.

I would like to than actegreazy as he helped us and it is working in 2.0.

regarding the squish and clock. we are aware that is caused by the background images and working on a fix for this while alos being able to keep the backgrond .
Thanks guys/gals.
Its nice to see so few bugs :)

It is awesome, but radle, I don't want to be a banned, but has anyone else mentioned the whole theme installation terminal where you guys get denied su rights?

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
saw 11 posts and thought geez i hadnt seen that many bugs :)
ok all of this stuff has been addressed.

regarding the redraws. yeah the droid has crud memory so if you have a lot of apps there just isnt much way around it in adw you can put it in to stay in memory.

that script thing may not work on versions prior to 2.0 because noone would give me all the details on how to get scripts to run at boot up we never got it working.

I would like to than actegreazy as he helped us and it is working in 2.0.

regarding the squish and clock. we are aware that is caused by the background images and working on a fix for this while alos being able to keep the backgrond .
Thanks guys/gals.
Its nice to see so few bugs :)

It is awesome, but radle, I don't want to be a banned, but has anyone else mentioned the whole theme installation terminal where you guys get denied su rights?

Why would you be banned :) we cant fix it if we dont know its broke :)

No you are the first c/o of getting denied su rights. you do have to say yes at least once for terminal for su priviledges. check you su open it and make sure there isnt a red box in the terminal app might have hit no by accident and it remembers that.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I use the word banned whenever I would use a more colorful word in real uncensored world.
But I am not getting denied such rights your script is or something, maybe the terminal screen doesn't open for others when doing a new theme, but I watch as your script is run and the DL progress even though in beginning of the script it asks for and gets denied su rights. I have no prob with su rights.

kratos

Reaction score
i just dont have any idea i have never seen it happen just not sure what would cause it i could see older mesages dropping off but not newer ones. wierd

It's happened to me before and this is how i fixed it. First off how many messages do u have in ur inbox i know when my gets pretty full it starts happening as well as when i have no space in my data my advice would be to delete some apps to free up some memory or delete ur inbox if u have a lot but deleting a few apps to free up data usually takes care of it for me. The droid rejects new messages sometimes if u don't have much space.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Believe it or not, I have found a fix for it. I would ask that you implement this fix (or at least tell me where the setting is in your app). I was playing around with the UD RC for Gingerbread and was informed that there is a setting to force the messaging app to stay in memory. I enabled that setting and I haven't had the problem once with the UD GB ROM.

So, if you could implement that, I would be forever appreciative and would love to come back to play with your ROM again!

Also, I have always had a consistent 80-90MB of internal memory and 8-10GB or SD memory. I think what the problem is, is that I typically have 9-13MB RAM available and when I would be doing other things, the messaging app would be cleared out of memory (along with unread messages). I could be wrong here, but that is what it seems to be.

Also, not sure if it has been implemented yet since I have been gone since 1.2, but I would love to be able to move any app to the SD card. There are a few ROMs that have this capability and it is a godsend to have that extra space. However, when playing with your ROM (on 1.1 and 1.2), I couldn't move apps such as Flash Player, etc. Those are the largest apps and they need to be on the SD card.

So, thanks for the ideas and if my current fix doesn't hold up to the sands of time, I will probably try some of your ideas. I hope you can implement those features as they would be very helpful!

Kratos

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
yes with 3.1

I use the word banned whenever I would use a more colorful word in real uncensored world.
But I am not getting denied such rights your script is or something, maybe the terminal screen doesn't open for others when doing a new theme, but I watch as your script is run and the DL progress even though in beginning of the script it asks for and gets denied su rights. I have no prob with su rights.

Yes with 3.1 everyone should be taken to the terminal. this was to have them be-able to see whats happening. 2.0 will work the same way at release but better things are in the works.
Not sure never really watched it but if its denied permision but works I guess its just the way that it works. Most of scripting stuff is done by the magician actually about all. after he make them than i can figure out how to add to them :)

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Kratos tons of apps for free will already do it. I have seen my bodies internal storage more than flash has seen my OG internal storage.
do market search with SD and move.
Examples
Tit backup
Choose install location
Only thing needed is to have your root down

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea i use an input text command in my scripts to type su it literally types it in with keycodes just as if you were typing it so that shouldn't cause any problems because i use keycodes to type su then enter there is no difference then you typing it yourself so i would only think that you don't have terminal saved for super user as i've never run into that problem before but as eagle said if it works it works :) lol will be learning java hopefully soon and be able to do things nicer but for now all i know is bash

danceswithbongs

Reaction score

Yes with 3.1 everyone should be taken to the terminal. this was to have them be-able to see whats happening. 2.0 will work the same way at release but better things are in the works.
Not sure never really watched it but if its denied permision but works I guess its just the way that it works. Most of scripting stuff is done by the magician actually about all. after he make them than i can figure out how to add to them :)

Radle you are BASF in human form

So as no one is confused my swype refuses to type eagle and enters Radle, a nonexistent word, so to save me time I dubbed him Radle. SOURCER OF THE SHIRE

kratos

Reaction score
Kratos tons of apps for free will already do it. I have seen my bodies internal storage more than flash has seen my OG internal storage.
do market search with SD and move.
Examples
Tit backup
Choose install location
Only thing needed is to have your root down

I'll have to look at this. I never knew that TiBU would install to the SD. Do you need to partition your SD for it to work?

Kratos