3800mAh Battery from Seido for Samsung Galaxy Nexus; Deformity Ensues

Oh come on, when was the last time you even picked up a real brick? Are you people so weak and your hands so small from never doing any physical labor that a phone measured in ounces is a challenge for you to hold?

The "big round brick" comment was meant as a joke... just a bit of sarcasm! And the joke wasn't meant to reference weight as much as the warped aesthetics of the phone with the giant battery attached.

On a side note... The last time I picked up a brick was just about a month ago, but the brick wasn't nearly as heavy as the pile of roofing tile that I hauled up the ladder before that. ;)

i have fashioned a fanny pack to fit a lawn mower battery so my phone will alwys be juiced.

patent pending

Good lord that's grotesque.

sent from my rooted nexus

The "big round brick" comment was meant as a joke... just a bit of sarcasm! And the joke wasn't meant to reference weight as much as the warped aesthetics of the phone with the giant battery attached.

On a side note... The last time I picked up a brick was just about a month ago, but the brick wasn't nearly as heavy as the pile of roofing tile that I hauled up the ladder before that. ;)

No pics - It didn't happen! :icon_ banana:

View attachment 46168

Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way...but some of you guys sound a lot like Apple fanboys.
Preaching form over a hugely important and much desired (and quite often necessary) function, just screams fanboy.

If an extended battery makes a phone a bit thicker, but gives you 2 1/2 times more battery life, I think the decision is a no-brainer...you get the battery.
What is the #1 complaint of all smart phones?
Everyone wishes battery life was better, right? Well, ok...here you go...this is an easy way to make battery life a lot better.

But it gets scoffed at because it adds a bit of thickness to your phone? Really?

Maybe I'm in the minority here. But I don't think thinner phones are better...not at all. I've had a Droid2 for the last two years, and I love that fact it's a bit thicker. Which is why I wasn't concerned when upgrading to the Rezound yesterday. Thicker phone? Sure...but it doesn't bother me at all...and in some ways, it's preferable if you ask me. And besides, the Rezound is known for having sub-par battery life, more so than most smart phones, so the extended battery is almost a necessity.

Carry on. :biggrin:

Don't take this the wrong way...but some of you guys sound a lot like Apple fanboys.
Preaching form over a hugely important and much desired (and quite often necessary) function, just screams fanboy.

If an extended battery makes a phone a bit thicker, but gives you 2 1/2 times more battery life, I think the decision is a no-brainer...you get the battery.
What is the #1 complaint of all smart phones?
Everyone wishes battery life was better, right? Well, ok...here you go...this is an easy way to make battery life a lot better.

But it gets scoffed at because it adds a bit of thickness to your phone? Really?

Maybe I'm in the minority here. But I don't think thinner phones are better...not at all. I've had a Droid2 for the last two years, and I love that fact it's a bit thicker. Which is why I wasn't concerned when upgrading to the Rezound yesterday. Thicker phone? Sure...but it doesn't bother me at all...and in some ways, it's preferable if you ask me. And besides, the Rezound is known for having sub-par battery life, more so than most smart phones, so the extended battery is almost a necessity.

Carry on. :biggrin:
or you can root it and put a kernel that underclocks it... form AND function DancingNexus

or you can root it and put a kernel that underclocks it... form AND function DancingNexus

Hmmm...I dunno. Reducing the performance (function) to maintain the "form" desire?
That still seems like putting form over function if you ask me. :wink-b:

Hmmm...I dunno. Reducing the performance (function) to maintain the "form" desire?
That still seems like putting form over function if you ask me. :wink-b:
where does my performance get reduced? It still smashes the stock GNEX on benchmarks, gets better battery life and I'm not carrying such a bulky phone in my pocket... seems like win-win-win to me...

not sure if its been posted yet, but the QCell 3850 battery is the same thing, but $19 and has NFC...ive used it for 2 weeks now and it makes a WORLD of difference.
yes it makes the phone big, but it still weighs less than an iphone :p and it really isnt big, especially considering the battery life it gives you makes it easily forgivable. they also have silicone cases on amazon

link: Amazon.com: QCell Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 3850mAh Extended Battery + FREE Battery Cover! (NOT Compatible with GSM Galaxy Nexus i9250) **NOW WITH NFC CAPABILITIES**: Cell Phones & Accessories

I would get one and keep it as a spare for when I'm stuck at the airport.

not sure if its been posted yet, but the QCell 3850 battery is the same thing, but $19 and has NFC...ive used it for 2 weeks now and it makes a WORLD of difference.
yes it makes the phone big, but it still weighs less than an iphone :p and it really isnt big, especially considering the battery life it gives you makes it easily forgivable. they also have silicone cases on amazon

link: Amazon.com: QCell Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 3850mAh Extended Battery + FREE Battery Cover! (NOT Compatible with GSM Galaxy Nexus i9250) **NOW WITH NFC CAPABILITIES**: Cell Phones & Accessories

Can you post a pic with this battery on your phone? Tempted!

where does my performance get reduced? It still smashes the stock GNEX on benchmarks, gets better battery life and I'm not carrying such a bulky phone in my pocket... seems like win-win-win to me...

Underclocking is still slower than if you had not underclocked...that is what I was getting at.

I get what you are saying, but your still slowing down the phone to make the battery last longer. It just that, in your case, underclocking in root may be faster than stock. I dunno. Haven't done that.

Nice solution though. Too much effort for me though. I'd just as soon keep it simple and get the extended battery instead of messing with rooting and underclocking. Not that I couldn't do it...just not into it.

Reviews mention some antenna issues in that it loses 4G signal with this battery and cover. Some folks have had to send theirs back and QCell sends them a new one that works.

Any issues like that for you?

Back