3g/4g problems!!!!!

laughing.jokerman

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a big question, first of all the situation.... i bought my droid x2 from a dear friend who needed the money, he bought it in US and i am from mexico, so after a while getting used to the phone i decided to buy a data plan from iusacell (my number its from them) so that i can have internet all day..... but my question is how can a i activate my phone or something 'cause i can't "use it" i went to a iusacell stand and they told me that in fact my phone it's suited to data plan i even bought a plan for a day to try it but it didn't work....... after the iusacell guy told me that some devices are blocked to use that kind of stuff..... i have some doubts about the configuration of the phone... so anyone can tell me if i need to unblocked my phone or i have to activate it...... please help

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Dial *228? I have no idea as I am under Verizonwireless contract. As far as I know, you must have a data plan to have this phone function. Hopefully someone else can give you a better answere.

Sent from my DROID X2

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Due to the fact that it's a Verizon phone you may never get it working properly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
L

laughing.jokerman

Reaction score
Why its that? I mean about that the cell will not work properly

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Why its that? I mean about that the cell will not work properly

The phone is a CDMA phone made for Verizon's network so you're probably not going to be able to get the data to work since it's not on Verizon's network. Also, the Droid X2 is not a 4G phone so it would never be able to receive a 4G connection. You could try selling it and getting a phone that's made for your network though.

OP
L

laughing.jokerman

Reaction score
Thats what i want to know why??? I mean are you telling me that verizon has their own line? Because the phone was bought with the iusacell line, i think its lame to think that the guys who sell the phone are thinking the same way you do....... i mean something like "poor guy its buying a phone that 'll never work properly .............. or its because i am in mexico, but this last issue i dont see it as a problem.... or if you know something i don't please ilustrate me

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Because CDMA phones are made for specific networks. If you were in the US you probably wouldn't be able to get it to work on Sprint either. It's made for Verizon and that's the network it works on. Different carriers also use different bands. Anyway, it doesn't really matter why, you're not going to get it to work. Sorry.

Trev1024

Reaction score
How much did u pay for the phone and maybe u can get someone on here to buy it from u if the price is decent enuf...

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
L

laughing.jokerman

Reaction score
How much did u pay for the phone and maybe u can get someone on here to buy it from u if the price is decent enuf...

Well honestly i payed like 250 dollars and a very used blackberry 9700 hahahahaha ´cause i bought it from a dear friend of mine who needed the money

Trev1024

Reaction score
I'd say your out of luck then, I'm fairly certain there is no way you're going to get it working unless you have Verizon in Mexico and am absolutely certain you won't be able to sell it for even close to what you paid for it.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'd say your out of luck then, I'm fairly certain there is no way you're going to get it working unless you have Verizon in Mexico and am absolutely certain you won't be able to sell it for even close to what you paid for it.

I would have to agree. At least you were able to help a friend out though. I guess.

Bionic

Reaction score
Both Verizon and Sprint roam on iusacell in Mexico. iUSAcell also appears to sell the DX2, so I do think the phone is compatible with their network. Did your friend pay off his bill with Verizon? If not, the phone may be blacklisted (has a 'dirty' ESN). IUSAcell is partially owned by Verizon, so a dirty ESN could be an issue.

Another possibility is that it needs to be unlocked before it will work on iUSAcell's network. I would call iusacell tech support to see if they can assist.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gramster

Reaction score
Gramster I down loaded DolphinHD browser to my DROIDX2. Now I, am having problems with my browser skipping around and my screen freezing. Is there a recommended browser upgrade.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Both Verizon and Sprint roam on iusacell in Mexico. iUSAcell also appears to sell the DX2, so I do think the phone is compatible with their network. Did your friend pay off his bill with Verizon? If not, the phone may be blacklisted (has a 'dirty' ESN). IUSAcell is partially owned by Verizon, so a dirty ESN could be an issue.

Another possibility is that it needs to be unlocked before it will work on iUSAcell's network. I would call iusacell tech support to see if they can assist.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I don't think CDMA phones can be unlocked. They can be flashed to another carrier but not unlocked. Also, I believe he said he's called customer service already. Just because a phone roams on a network doesn't mean it can be used with the network and be fully functional.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk