.902 Root Method!

this works perfect

It's working now!

This worked amazing thank you very much!! way easier then the other ways i found.

one more question. no that it is rooted this way if another system update comes will it unroot me?

Help

Can someone give me precise direction. Im confused how to "extract the entire zip file, and execute “run.bat”

This worked amazing thank you very much!! way easier then the other ways i found.

one more question. no that it is rooted this way if another system update comes will it unroot me?

Pretty sure this also adds the "Forever Root" code so in theory it should maintain root. See this page for more information and how to check. But if the next update is ICS then all bets may be off, since it's a whole new version of Android. We'll have to wait and see.

Can someone give me precise direction. Im confused how to "extract the entire zip file, and execute “run.bat”

Depending on what unzip program you are using, the exact instructions will vary. I use WinRAR so I can tell you how to do it with that, but if you're using some other program they may or may not be the same. If needed you should consult the Help files or website for that specific program.

I have WinRAR associated with .zip file types, so if I double-click a .zip file it opens in WinRAR. (Otherwise, I would open WinRAR and then navigate to the motofail_windows.zip file and double-click it. Same result.) For this particular file, when it opens there is one folder displayed, called motofail. You just drag and drop the motofail folder to your desktop and WinRAR will extract the folder to that location. At that point you can close WinRAR, because it's no longer needed.

Double-clicking the motofail folder on your desktop will open the folder and reveal eight files. Make sure all eight are there or you did something wrong in the steps above. After connecting your Bionic in USB debugging mode, double-click the file called run.bat. This is a batch file, which means it executes a series of commands. You should see a black command prompt window with scrolling text, giving you the output from those commands. Follow the instructions in the command prompt window to complete the root process.

ok i have superuser on my phone. how do i fond out if its rooted or not?

help

ok i have superuser on my phone but how do i know if its rooted?

Has anyone tried to install. 902 coming from. 901 with root? I am on. 901 with forever root now. I haven't installed this yet.

drice72 said:
Has anyone tried to install. 902 coming from. 901 with root? I am on. 901 with forever root now. I haven't installed this yet.

There is a special .902 update file from Motorola specifically for people on .901. You can find it on this forum if you're not getting it pushed OTA. Forever Root should work, but if by some chance it doesn't, you can use Motofail to regain root on .902.

It was pushed to my phone. I installed last night with no problems. I kept root. Thanks.

Worked for me with a bone stock bionic on .902 in about 5 minutes. I have no experience with this sort of thing on an android.
Now What? :biggrin:

Back