A little Help Please..

Reaction score
Ok im new to the forums but not to droid. I Just got the Dinc and im wanting to get rid of some of the crap that comes stock. Peep, Twitter, and a couple others.... So now for my question. Is there anyway without rooting my device to remove certain pre-installed apps ?
Ok now for my next question....this device comes stock with backup assistance...why do i need this if Google backs up my contacts and other info. This i would love to get rid of if possible.... Please help =
)dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid<<< NOW THATS JUST FUNNY...LOL

You have to be rooted in order to remove those pre-installed apps. And there is no need to use Backup Assistance if you're using Google to backup. Again, you need root to remove BA.

Thanks Guys/Gals for the speedy reply. i kinda figured as much im still undecided if i want to root or not. I had a droid Eris Rooted it and rom as well. i had a problem sending pic messages..could not send on wifi had to have 3g on to send...sucked!! Was using Vanilla Taz Froyo 24 cm6.2 .
I have been reading the forums here and see i guess a couple different ways to root the Incredible. 2 questions.
1) if i root will i lose the htc sense ?
2) what would be the most safest/easiest way to root? unrevoked?

Thanks Guys/Gals for the speedy reply. i kinda figured as much im still undecided if i want to root or not. I had a droid Eris Rooted it and rom as well. i had a problem sending pic messages..could not send on wifi had to have 3g on to send...sucked!! Was using Vanilla Taz Froyo 24 cm6.2 .
I have been reading the forums here and see i guess a couple different ways to root the Incredible. 2 questions.
1) if i root will i lose the htc sense ?
2) what would be the most safest/easiest way to root? unrevoked?

1) You do not lose HTC Sense once rooted, unless you remove it yourself.

2) Unrevoked ... follow the tutorial here, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...how-root-stock-2-2-using-unrevoked-3-3-a.html.

Back