Alarm not working

nickthehuk

Reaction score
Alarm

I know this has been said and some have said that it doesn't help, but I believe the problem is that people are "killing" the Alarm Clock app. I have tested it several times and after every time I "killed" the clock, it did not work. Every time I let the app run, it worked. I have found that if you click on the Alarm Clock in the Advanced App. Killer and click "Ignore", the app will always run.

Hope this helps.

tranquilo

Reaction score
I read elsewhere that if you sleep the phone manually by pressing the end button the alarm will not sound yet if you let it sleep on it's own it'll work. Seems to be the case in my trials but I set another alarm as I, too, have overslept due to this bug...hope they fix it soon!

medicdave

Reaction score
Overslept 2 days in a row now...

Hi All-

I have the Droid and recently received the 2.0.1 update. Ever since then, I've been seeing inconsistent alarm clock behavior. When I test out the alarm clock before bed, it works fine - but after waking up an hour late yesterday and today, I find a notification in the pull-down panel saying "Alarm silenced after 10 minutes". This would seem to indicate that it's going off but I'm not hearing it and not doing anything about it.

This morning, after my Droid once again didn't wake me up while sitting in the multimedia dock, I checked the alarm volume.

• Entered Alarm Clock
  • Long-pressed on this morning's alarm
  • Selected Ringtone
  • Checked volume (was set right where I'd left it) using side toggle
  • Picked a ringtone
I then heard the ringtone extremely faintly - it was coming from the phone's earpiece speaker, not the ringer speaker like normally. I had heard about this issue before, and after rebooting the phone the alarm works as normal.

This behavior could be due to:

• A bug when the phone is in the multimedia dock
  • A bug when the top-end lock button is used to shut off the phone's display while in the multimedia dock
  • A generalized audio routing bug
I had originally heard about this in November, and was hoping it would be fixed by the 2.0.1 update. Apparently it hasn't...

[medic]dave

Jolest

Reaction score
Hi All-

I have the Droid...
... hoping it would be fixed by the 2.0.1 update. Apparently it hasn't...
You may want to repost your message in a Moto Droid area. This is the HTC Droid Eris area and you are not likely to get any useful feedback here.

fmserc

Reaction score
Hi All-

I have the Droid...
... hoping it would be fixed by the 2.0.1 update. Apparently it hasn't...
You may want to repost your message in a Moto Droid area. This is the HTC Droid Eris area and you are not likely to get any useful feedback here.

not to be an a$$hole, but very unlikely. i've found this thread to be useful, and i too have a droid.

both me and my fiancee are having the same issue with both of our phones, hers is the eris, mine the moto droid. i have a feeling this problem has a lot to do with the adv. task killer. after playing around with it (and adding the alarm clock to the ignore list, i feel i've fixed the problem. will advise if i wake up late (again) tomorrow.

Eger

Reaction score
Last night I changed a 9:15 alarm that had previously worked to wake me up at 7:30 this morning because someone was coming to pick me up for a meeting at 8:20. I woke up to them knocking on the door at 8:20. Then, as I was sitting in the meeting, my alarm went off at 9:15. When I looked at the screen, it said it was set for 7:30, and was the only alarm with a green check mark.

This was no error on my part, something is messed up with the program. Also, is it possible to have the alarm volume separate from the ringer volume. If I'm playing a game late at night and turn the sound down, then my alarm is quiet in the morning. I really like everything else about this phone, but an alarm clock that doesn't work right can really mess up your day.

uscp2000

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have the moto droid and also have alarm problems. i have tried everything to fix it and even brought it into a verizon store to a technician and my alarm still does not work.

after calling verizon tech support multiple times they have told me to return the phone for a brand new one. i will do so today. i hoping the new one works since the alarm clock is a feature i heavily rely on.

Eger

Reaction score
Is this something that can be fixed with an update? What does getting a new phone do if it's the same software?

uscp2000

Reaction score
not sure, i know of 2 other people who have the same phone and their alarm clock works fine. mine works if you set the alarm for a few minutes to an hour or so away, but for some reason when i sleep a full night it does not go off most of the time.

plagued_by_geckos

Reaction score
I seem to be having similar issues...but let me state first, I do not have any app killers on my Eris, and I only just got it on Saturday.

My alarm vibrated only Monday morning
Tuesday it vibrated and the alarm sounded...but not everytime. (I had 3 alarms set...I think only one worked)
Wednesday it did not vibrate or sound the alarm.

Each time, the alarms have full alarm sound up, the vibrate box checked, the times set (about 10 mins apart), all set for M-T-W-T-F only, I haven't changed the wake-up times

Tomorrow morning I will see... I did go into Settings>Applications>Development and selected STAY AWAKE...so we'll try that.

I agree that the alarm function is an absolute necessity. Luckily, I haven't woken up late this week only because I charged my old phone and used the alarms on that, since that "alarm sound" is what I'm used to....was planning on using them in tandem until I get accustomed to the Eris' alarm. Strange reasoning, but at least I wasn't late for work this week.

refthemc

Reaction score
So last night I put the alarm to go off this morning, and well it didnt. Bummer, Market what do you have as a replacement for me?....

uscp2000

Reaction score
new phone alarm works

I got a new Droid and the alarm works perfect. Yippy!

[email protected]

Reaction score
I downloaded the app Night Clock from the Droid Market and I love it! I wake to my mp3s. I can change the settings easily and have been very happy with. It is a little bright so sometimes, I put the phone face down at night. I have never used the Alarm on the phone and I don't see why I would unless I wanted to wake to the vibration mode or an annoying beep or bell.

Zippster

Reaction score
Having to download another app shouldnt be the answer or the fix....

Definitely something up with Droid alarm clock, I thought something was funny and finding this thread pretty much confirms it, I have mine set for 7:30 am M-F with no task killers and very few other apps even installed. Was working pretty well most of the time but got the occasional 7:31 or 7:32 ringing instead of 7:30 which I thought was odd but overlooked.
This morning it didnt ring until my wife called me at 7:37 which it then proceeded to ring alarm while phone rang too??? :mad:

Even the oldest cheapest POS phones I owned the alarms worked and were reliable.

Should note, my phone is a Moto droid, I just found this thread from a Search.

benmaltz

Reaction score
I have the Droid and recently received the 2.0.1 update. Ever since then, I've been seeing inconsistent alarm clock behavior. When I test out the alarm clock before bed, it works fine - but after waking up an hour late yesterday and today, I find a notification in the pull-down panel saying "Alarm silenced after 10 minutes". This would seem to indicate that it's going off but I'm not hearing it and not doing anything about it.

This "feature" is absolutely killing me as well. I am a deep sleeper and my alarm needs to be going off for at least 10 minutes before I pick up on it and wake up. I have been an hour late to work four times in the last two weeks because the alarm has automatically silenced itself after 10 minutes of my failing to hit snooze or get up within the "10 minute window." I can understand including this option for people who are concerned about forgetting to shut their alarm off while they are out, but to have it as the only option, with no ability to turn off the setting is insanity. Next to making phone calls, the alarm clock is the most important function of my phone (ie. I rely on it to get me to work on time and my job depends on this). I love my Droid and have literally no other complaints about it, but this is such a vital function that I don't see how I can continue relying on this device without a second alarm clock unless they include the ability to deactivate this setting in an upcoming update.