Another New Rezound ICS Build Leaks. May Be The Official Build

samiusmc

Reaction score
Owners of the HTC Rezound, a new Ice Cream Sandwich treat has been made available to you today. We know that an official update to Android 4.0.3 is in the works for this device, but if you want to get a taste of something close to that final build ahead of time, this is your chance. The source is calling it “official” yet a “release candidate” so they are clearly a bit confused as to which it is. What we know is that it is a full ROM, so this will almost undoubtedly wipe your entire phone. Approach with caution.
This will bring you to software build 3.13.605.7, Android 4.0.3, and Sense 3.6. It also has new radios.
Download Link
Instructions:
*Your bootloader needs to be locked. If you unlocked using the HTCDev tool, this won’t work.
1. Download the file from above and rename to PH98IMG.zip.
2. Place the file on the root of your SD card and power off your device.
3. Reboot to bootloader by pressing Volume Down and Power.
4. Once in the bootloader, the process will start automatically with on-screen instructions.
5. Enjoy ICS.

Ice Cream Sandwich Build 3.13.605.7 Leaks for the HTC Rezound – Droid Life

As tempting as this is, I think I might just wait to see what next week brings. My phone works great now and I want to keep it that way.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

I really do wish Verizon would do it's soak test like this. Drop an RUU, take comments, update, repeat until all the bugs are worked out then release publicly.

And just FYI, Droid-Life is host to so many rumor's it's not funny. I wouldn't take their word on this being the OTA. It's only a bump(and a small one) up from the previous leak.

Very tempting... hate to have to reset everything tho... maybe I should take screenshots of all my home screens so I can easily put it back :D

I may give this a try tonight. My phone just did another update (on the original ics leak)... so IDK if it was a push from HTC/Verizon or if it was doing it from my sdcard. Wonder how I can tell?

Went ahead and flashed it... restoring MyBackup backup now. Will see if I can tell any difference :)

I do not understand why people are playing with this when the official OTA will start in 7 days?

It seems like a major waste of time/effort.

I suppose people don't mind if they are having fun.

Howard

I do not understand why people are playing with this when the official OTA will start in 7 days?

Howard

Um... Yeah. And we get to play with the latest and greatest :)

No issues yet on the newest leak :)

Howard

I guess some people aren't as confident as you are in the release date.

Has anyone noticed much of a difference between this leak, and the previous one. I have the prior leak installed, and haven't seen any problems with it, but if this is better, is it worth flashing this week? Have you gotten any performance boost, or battery life improvement. I'm not as much concerned about the OTA coming (seen the dates come and go too often), as i am with keeping up the current performance.

I really do wish Verizon would do it's soak test like this. Drop an RUU, take comments, update, repeat until all the bugs are worked out then release publicly.

And just FYI, Droid-Life is host to so many rumor's it's not funny. I wouldn't take their word on this being the OTA. It's only a bump(and a small one) up from the previous leak.

I joined elevate with the hopes I might get involved in this. It's turned out to be useless. Their latest and typical request of members....shoot 'iconic' images of your town and post them. :blink:

If ics doesn't happen next week I may pull the trigger on one of these leaks. We'll have to see.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Rageboardr said:
Has anyone noticed much of a difference between this leak, and the previous one. I have the prior leak installed, and haven't seen any problems with it, but if this is better, is it worth flashing this week? Have you gotten any performance boost, or battery life improvement. I'm not as much concerned about the OTA coming (seen the dates come and go too often), as i am with keeping up the current performance.

No big differences noticed here...

My Experience with the ICS leak

So, I installed the leaked ICS update. Scary at first - it kept repeating that it was installing the system, but it eventually did. All in all a pretty painless install. It looks pretty much like the gingerbread version with the exception of the bottom bar - I customized it so it has phone, camera, apps, internet, voicemail. The apps in the middle can NOT be moved or changed. It IS faster. I did a quadrant test and got a score of 2385 and a AnTuTu score of 6155. I do like a couple of the new features. One is the ability to disable the bloat. There is a problem with that, though. I turned off EVERY Verizon app and it would shut itself off, reboot and the HTC picture would come up and restart the main screen whenever I ended an app. I turned everything back on and it was stable once again. Right now I have VZ Navigator, Amazon Kindle and Blockbuster turned off and it isn't giving me any trouble. Is there a list of what can be turned off? Anyway, one of the "features" is that you can put a few apps into a folder. While I can see the advantages to this, I personally didn't like it, but that's just my opinion. I can see where this can be a real benefit to others. Maybe I'll change my mind later. I haven't had a need to root the phone, so I don't know if it can be rooted after this install. I am glad that I installed it, even though I had to reload all my apps - it was worth it. Oh, and DirectTV still has a media player error.

Back