Another replacemnt having issues

Reaction score
This is i believe my third replacement phone since April. First phone had 3G connection issues. Second phone had charging port issues. Third phone had 3G connections issues and alot of lag. Fourth phone is having lag sometimes and alot of random reboots. I just got this 4th one two days ago and ive had over 20 random reboots and have had to several battery pulls due to lag. Its a stock d2g no root or anything. Do i just have bad luck with Droid 2 Globals or is Verizon just crappy?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Verizon just ships their defective phones back our as warranty replacements. They know customers will eventually give up and just accept the defects. They should be sued for it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
R
Reaction score
Verizon just ships their defective phones back our as warranty replacements. They know customers will eventually give up and just accept the defects. They should be sued for it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
Ehh. I guess its not too bad in my case. Ive had three top level tech people agree that if i keep having problems with the globals ill be getting a droid 3. Hopefully they stick to what theyve said.

spasch

Reaction score
I just received doa phone 10

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

spasch

Reaction score
I am beginning to get there. For warranty replacement verizon is beyond worthless.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to get there. For warranty replacement verizon is beyond worthless.

My buttons are about to fall out, they are so loose and my HDMI is broken (its not CM7, it was like that on Blur ROMs). But I am scared to get a CLNR since I have had experience with em. 6 phones in 2 years

CM74DX

ExodusC

Reaction score
My Droid 2 Global is having some physical problems (some kind of bezel is swelling near my touch buttons, getting in front of the LCD).

I'm scared to send this back and get a terrible "recertified" replacement.

How would you even go about getting Verizon to offer you a Droid 3 as a replacement?

I've been close to just selling my phone secondhand and paying the difference on a new Droid 3.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

OP
R
Reaction score
My Droid 2 Global is having some physical problems (some kind of bezel is swelling near my touch buttons, getting in front of the LCD).

How would you even go about getting Verizon to offer you a Droid 3 as a replacement?

I've been close to just selling my phone secondhand and paying the difference on a new Droid 3.

Its a longgg story on how i did it. Im calling them in the morning about it

jcl197

Reaction score
I went through having my D2G replaced five times before they finally sent me a new phone.
you just have to keep comparing and day it's unacceptable that they send you a clnr piece of crap.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

spasch

Reaction score
After a lengthy conversation with customer service I was told that for all of my problems motorola had approved me for a clnr Droid 3. But since they did not have any all they would send me was another refurbished d2g or this thing that looks like an old blackberry.

Atleast with this phone I know about its quirks. With someone else's problems who knows?

OP
R
Reaction score
Well, just got off the phone with Verizon and i will be getting a Droid 3 on Tuesday.

JoeHockey

Reaction score

I just recently had my daughters phone replaced (number 4) and they offered a droid x2 instead of the d2g because I had had so many problems with the replacement phones. Unfortunately this was right before the d3 came out. If she has any more problems I will definitely press them for a d3.

djmike3436

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd phone. very frustrating.
The girl I talked to flat out refused when I suggested a different phone.
We'll see if the 3rd times the charm. HAHAHA!

OP
R
Reaction score
Heres what you should do in order to get them to send you a Droid 3.

First of all, make sure your are on at least your 3rd or 4th Droid 2 Global.
Call Verizon Tech support and when they ask what you need just ask them to connect you with a Tier2 or higher representative because the lower level techs cannot process this request.
Next, explain to the rep every problem you have had with Verizon since day one. May it be another line, warranty issues, network issues, phone issues, etc. Just tell them all of it. The most important part is to make it completely clear to the representative that the Droid 2 Global phone your having issues with, is having the same reoccurring issues. That being said, most high level reps will feel bad for you. You will need to tell them you have tried everything from Factory Data Resets, Master Resets, Soft resets, Reprogramming, Updating Roaming Capabilities, etc. Some solutions they will give you are to have you shut off the phone so that they can do some internal updates with the device. This may or may not solve the issues, or even cause new issues. Either way, the next day you should call and connect with a high rep again, explain your story again, tell them that internal updates were just done and the issues was still not resolved. At this point they should be asking you if you would like to order a replacement phone. Stop them before they start that process. Explain to them that you would like to switch devices. At first they may tell you that you could switch to a Droid 1 or even a Droid 2. At that time you should tell them that they are not allowed to switch you to a device of lower quality than your current device. You should then suggest that they give you a Droid 3 because of all the problems with the phone. You may not be successfull. And you may have to talk to several high level representatives about it, but eventually it should happen and be successfull. Trust me, ive done it and am getting my Droid 3 sometime today via fedex. Hope this helps.