Another thumbs up for the Seidio "Innocase"

JFM-jr

Reaction score
I recieved my Seidio innocase yesterday and put my Droid into it. Fitment is perfect nice and snug. Very streamlined/thin jacket around my phone now to protect it. A good freind bought the Verizon case it does not stay on and is alot thicker adding bulk to an already hefty phone. This case from Seidio gets 2 huge thumbs up! Many colors available on their site as well.

jrod2183

Reaction score
I recieved my Seidio innocase yesterday and put my Droid into it. Fitment is perfect nice and snug. Very streamlined/thin jacket around my phone now to protect it. A good freind bought the Verizon case it does not stay on and is alot thicker adding bulk to an already hefty phone. This case from Seidio gets 2 huge thumbs up! Many colors available on their site as well.

Does this case work with the car dock?

asmallchild

Reaction score
God it looks so good. Seidio makes some outstanding products but I always balk at the prices they throw out there.

$50 for the combo is pretty steep when I get the leather pouch that Verizon offers for $12.

sigh, decisions decisions

OP
J

JFM-jr

Reaction score
the Verizon case does not stay on ...

::knock on wood::

never had that issue... and $50 for a case and clip combo is kinda pricey...

I can assure you that your among the minority on that one. I've seen both cases side by side. Fitment and finish as well as overall design is much better on the Siedio case. The Verizon shell/holster combo is 30 bucks and fit like total crap. Personally i'll cough up the extra 20 for what in my opinion is a better product. The case alone my buddy paid 17 dollars for and me 29 roughly double. We are are not talking about big sums of money here tho either way. my .02

wolfpacknation

Reaction score
I just received my seido innocase for the droid, and the top part won't stay on no matter what. The bottom part stays on fine so I'm very disappointed, not so good product.

FireDroid

Reaction score
I have the verizon case and holster combo since day one and have had 0 problems with fitment or function! I am a Firefighter and it gets a good amount of abuse being tossed around all day and still no problems! Look at the other long seidocase thread on here and look at all the problems there are with that case and for that money there should be no problems at all. Also the case and holster combo is $60 whereas verizon's is $30. You may be in the minority with your case! Plus, if I wanted a case that tried to mimic and Iphone then I would go get and Iphone!

FireDroid

Reaction score
Make sure top part is going on the right way, it goes on one way only or it wont fit right.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I have the verizon case and holster combo since day one and have had 0 problems with fitment or function! I am a Firefighter and it gets a good amount of abuse being tossed around all day and still no problems! Look at the other long seidocase thread on here and look at all the problems there are with that case and for that money there should be no problems at all. Also the case and holster combo is $60 whereas verizon's is $30. You may be in the minority with your case! Plus, if I wanted a case that tried to mimic and Iphone then I would go get and Iphone!

Totally agree. I have the Verizon combo too and I think it is fine. The people who have had problems with it are those who bought the recalled ones off of e-bay. The only problem that I had is that the tab by the on/off and volume buttons didn't fully engage. It isn't needed so I just filed it off and it if fine now. People have had more problems than that with the Seidio cases, as documented in the big Seidio thread. Another thing that I don't like about the Seidio case is the size of the camera cutout and the size of the speaker cutout. I don't have to tell everyone that the camera is a 5 MP and the speaker cutout is bigger than the actual speaker, while the Verizon case has the proper size cutouts. Having too large a cutout just makes damage to the camera lens and speaker grill more possible.

asmallchild

Reaction score
hmm, in reading around, it sounds like this case is really nice but if I'm getting a discount on products offered via Verizon's store, I'm leaning towards going with the leather pouch. Looks decent, it's just missing a belt clip

Havok

Reaction score
I've the Verizon case as well... no problems, fits like a glove. Love it EXCEPT that I can't dock with it.

That's probably the only reason I'm looking at the Seido items. Docking ability, both desktop and mobile.

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
Same issue I had. I think I probly received mine about the same time as you also. Bad batch maby? Idk

wildrage

Reaction score
Same issue I had. I think I probly received mine about the same time as you also. Bad batch maby? Idk

I've bought Seidio cases for several other phones. My experience has been that they have one of the best cases around.

I also think that their online prices straight-up fleece people. You can often-times find the same exact Seidio case in Verizon, Sprint, or local retail stores for 25%-50% LESS than on the Seidio website. I once bought a shell/holser combo at the Verizon store that was $30 (even less after my discount was applied), and $49.99 + shipping on the Seidio site. Their shipping is also expensive, and not especially speedy. My advice would be to check with authorized Seidio retailers before purchasing online. As I said, Verizon often-times carries their cases, and I'm guessing will eventually carry the Droid one as well.

That being said, they still have some of the best cases around.