Any switch from a fascinate to dinc2?

M

Mwsr

Verizon is offering me a dinc2 swap for my fascinate. Just curious if any owners came from a fascinate and opinions on the 2 phones. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

MisterBill

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why are they offering this? What did you pay for your Fascinate?

OP
M

Mwsr

I paid full upgrade price when it was released. Because im on my 5th. Or so replacement. They offered me the dinc2 or the dx. A month or so ago a rep offerd me a TB then when I called back to exchange for that a supervisor got on and told me that was a mistake and they cant do it. So now its either another fascinate, dx or dinc2. I really tried giving this fascinate a chance but nothing but problems.

Mike0

Reaction score
I havent owned a Fascinate but I did a lot of research and messed around with all the Droid phones before I purchased my Incredible 2..it jus tfeels the best, is a great size, and runs great!

MisterBill

Reaction score
I paid full upgrade price when it was released. Because im on my 5th. Or so replacement. They offered me the dinc2 or the dx. A month or so ago a rep offerd me a TB then when I called back to exchange for that a supervisor got on and told me that was a mistake and they cant do it. So now its either another fascinate, dx or dinc2. I really tried giving this fascinate a chance but nothing but problems.
Have you tried both phones? If you are happy with the 4" screen, then the DI2 Is probably a great choice. The DX is an older model but it has a 4.3" screen.

OP
M

Mwsr

Yes im fine with the screen size. I actually called back today and they are overnighting me the phone. Im going to try it for a few days and see how I like it.

rrockich

Reaction score
I came from the grossly problematic fascinate (the worst noise cancellation of any phone i've ever had btw) and the dinc2 is truly a breath of fresh air!

Tinny sounding speaker aside and the fact that i had to download swype (not preinstalled); this phone out of the box is so pleasant to use that i actually decided against launcherpro and am using sense (mostly becuz i really like the widgets).

The screens are comparable enough that giving up samoled didn't hurt too bad (blacker blacks or whiter whites ... Pick your poison). There is more glare with dinc2's slcd but for a front-facing cam, an led light, a smooth operating experience (no LAGGY file system), noise cancellation, and better support (it's actually in the droid family whereas the sf is more of a red-headed stepchild), i'd say the pros FAR outweigh the cons of the fascinate.

Someone will say the dinc2 is harder to root. I would say ... With this phone, rooting isn't necessary!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
M

Mwsr

I came from the grossly problematic fascinate (the worst noise cancellation of any phone i've ever had btw) and the dinc2 is truly a breath of fresh air!

Tinny sounding speaker aside and the fact that i had to download swype (not preinstalled); this phone out of the box is so pleasant to use that i actually decided against launcherpro and am using sense (mostly becuz i really like the widgets).

The screens are comparable enough that giving up samoled didn't hurt too bad (blacker blacks or whiter whites ... Pick your poison). There is more glare with dinc2's slcd but for a front-facing cam, an led light, a smooth operating experience (no LAGGY file system), noise cancellation, and better support (it's actually in the droid family whereas the sf is more of a red-headed stepchild), i'd say the pros FAR outweigh the cons of the fascinate.

Someone will say the dinc2 is harder to root. I would say ... With this phone, rooting isn't necessary!

Thanks for the info. I dont use swype so that doesn't bother me at all ill have to see about the speaker noise. I dont even think the sf has noise cancellation, the sound when talking is terrible and I hate not having a notification light. What apps are good for video chat? To utilize the ffc. I was told it doesn't support skype.

rrockich

Reaction score
Fring is a decent free app for vid calls. Nothing out there is perfect and no, skype still hasn't hit us with anything yet.

And you're right the sf just had software to rely on for noise cancel, no second mic, but even then it was the crappiest of all single mic phones i had b4 imho.

prenedo

Reaction score

Sorry for thread jack op'er (I got my. 02 also :) )

Did you say fascinate is not in Droid family? Its an Android phone... Droid is a marketing campaign... and voodoo on galaxy phones is the best open source project going (voodoo LAG FIX?).

That being said. My buddy just got an inc2. I would give up my fascinate for the ffc and sense, and you're right, if you're not sucked in by the samoled, the screen is just done on the inc2.

rrockich

Reaction score
@prenedo: yes, in other words ... the fascinate runs android, but is NOT in the "Droid" family of phones i.e. Droid X, Droid Charge, Droid Incredible, etc. These are all exclusive to Verizon Wireless because they licensed the name "Droid" from Lucasfilm.

Just because your phone runs android doesn't mean it's in the family. Verizon has to brand it as such (kind of like being made in the mafia ... U get special priveleges and nobody whacks you on a whim ;)

This is exactly the reason you will always get better support from VZW with a "Droid" branded phone - because it is their brand.

OP
M

Mwsr

Well using my inc2 now the sense is definitely a change coming from a fasinate a little confusing right now. also the keyboard is a lot different and will take some getting use to

Vyvid

Reaction score
I was offered my DInc2 for my Fascinate, and I couldn't be more pleased. I have a thread about it in the fascinate section

Sent from my phone. That's Incredible 2!

taward09

Reaction score

I did the same thing at first, but then I downloaded LauncherPro and I can't go back. It's so buttery smooth!!!