Anyone switch from Droid Turbo yet?

omak42

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have the Turbo and wondering if anyone has made the switch yet. I'm not overly torn to make the switch, which makes me think I should just wait for something better....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Turbo is working great. Turbo 2 doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. I'll pass.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm usually one to chomp at the bit of a new device..I especially like droids..but..the turbo having a 3900 Mah battery and an 808 processor(i think)and with the screen (and one free replacement) 3 gigs at f ram..I'm still happy with the turbo 1. The new screen tech is cool, the fact that they went back to micro SD cards is even cooler..but I've got no real reason to switch..

Moto maker and all that customization stuff is cool..but I know me..I'll still put it in a case..my job demands it..and even with a warranty on the screen..that to me is like..wreck yor vehicle and we'll fix it ..I don't like to tear up my stuff..

Even the customizable message when you turn the phone on..that could be a resale problem..for a gym goer like me..I might put..beast mode on...or something dumb like that, but it would speak to me..but then you go to resell the device and the person wants it to say ,..you see me whip you see me get punched in the face...

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The personal message does clear with a FDR. At least it does on the Moto X 2013 and 2014. I would imagine it's the same on the new Turbo. I plan on buying one, but am going to wait a little while....I just bought my Turbo in August and it's running great. Seems like a cool phone, maybe sometime in early 2016 for me. I have not considered any phone an "upgrade" since going from a Droid Razr M to the Maxx....that was an upgrade in my opinion. The Droid Maxx to the Turbo was just a "new phone" not an upgrade. I like the direction the Droid line is headed in and look forward to building one of these on Moto Maker.

OP
O

omak42

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm usually one to chomp at the bit of a new device..I especially like droids..but..the turbo having a 3900 Mah battery and an 808 processor(i think)and with the screen (and one free replacement) 3 gigs at f ram..I'm still happy with the turbo 1. The new screen tech is cool, the fact that they went back to micro SD cards is even cooler..but I've got no real reason to switch..

Moto maker and all that customization stuff is cool..but I know me..I'll still put it in a case..my job demands it..and even with a warranty on the screen..that to me is like..wreck yor vehicle and we'll fix it ..I don't like to tear up my stuff..

Even the customizable message when you turn the phone on..that could be a resale problem..for a gym goer like me..I might put..beast mode on...or something dumb like that, but it would speak to me..but then you go to resell the device and the person wants it to say ,..you see me whip you see me get punched in the face...
Yea, same as me. This just doesn't seem to have anything that PULLS me into it. And my Turbo works like a charm. As you stated, I throw my phones into a case the moment I get them and don't see that changing.

OP
O

omak42

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have the new Droid Turbo 2. So far so good. No regrets yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Did you switch from the original Turbo? If so, any specific points that are a true upgrade?

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Yes, I had the T1 since opening morning one year ago. SD card storage is a big plus for those that want everything on their phones. The camera is definitely an improvement. Very quick, sharp, colorful pics. While the screen is not hugely larger, it is larger and right where I want it. The faster processor makes this phone smoother than the T1 already was. I look forward to an even better user experience. Especially if and when 6.0 comes along. If you use the Turbo charger regularly, then an even faster charging cycle. The front speaker is loud and clear. I've had the T2 since opening morning. No regrets. A little more to hang onto but getting used to it. It's not night and day different, but enough change for me to make it worth it. A new toy every now and then is not all bad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Deano_1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Picked up new phone yesterday and I am less than impressed. Switched from from S4. Used the phone very little. Checked a few emails. Made 1 phone call. Fully charged this morning and down to under 50%. My wife picked up a new iPhone and she used her phone a lot more than I did and she is still at 90% for the day. I didn't look at any videos.

Maybe it's time to switch to an iPhone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Picked up new phone yesterday and I am less than impressed. Switched from from S4. Used the phone very little. Checked a few emails. Made 1 phone call. Fully charged this morning and down to under 50%. My wife picked up a new iPhone and she used her phone a lot more than I did and she is still at 90% for the day. I didn't look at any videos.

Maybe it's time to switch to an iPhone.
You bought a Droid Turbo 2 and it dropped to 50% in one day with minimal use?

Deano_1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes 44% Right now. 13% Call Standby 8% Android. Just saw an add for it on the TV:)

Deano_1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Way to much Crapware on here. Nice screen it is big though!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Congrats on the new T2 @kmf1 & @Deano_1.
Don't be discouraged with battery usage, especially on day one. It's completely normal for battery life to be less than optimal for the first week or so. Your device isn't being used the way it normally would as your spending so much time setting up your device, downloading apps, exploring features, building various cache reserves etc.
Give it some time, it WILL improve.

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes indeed..typically the device (sounds odd ) needs to settle in...idk why. But I'd be willing to bet you're probably tinkering a bit more since its your new phone..that will also drain the battery faster....

I have some questions.. I thought the t2 felt good in hand ..but nit as solid as the t1. Especially in the upper corners. I could squeeze and cause a popping from the plastic flexing..granted I'm a big guy but my hands aren't exceptionally big...and I didn't have to use much pressure. Anything like that on either of yours?? It could be something to do with the anti theft tether on the display devices ..idk. That's why I'm asking you..:)

Another way to try to help your battery life would be to disable apps you don't use..like most of the Verizon bloat, and whatever else.. Just do it one at a time if they're apps you're not familiar with..that way if it negatively affects your device..you can undo that one particular app instead of guessing..

Wadman

Reaction score
I ordered mine yesterday. I customized it with a subtle black leather back with red accents. I am coming from a note 3. My last 4 phones have been Samsung phones so I wanted to try out something different. I like the design of this phone and the specs seemed up to par with what I want. I liked the note because of the huge screen and all the features, at first. I rarely use the spen. My first smartphone was the og droid, so i thought maybe it's time to go back to my roots..lol. Can't wait to get this phone and mess around with it. Might even run it naked without a case. How long typically does it take to get the phone if you do it through moto maker? My shipping date through Verizon says today but I know that can't be the case because it has to take more than 1 day to customize.